Facebook not recognizing subdomain

Hello,

Facebook is not reconizing subdomain yf as a subdomain.

Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains.

I have screenshots of it working and with widgets in the footer. Footer widgets dont work anymore either. Maybe because I enabled a couple widgets at other primary?

Thanks
Site Access enabled

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey OD,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I believe this is a Facebook app configuration related issue. Every app (and every plugin that's using Facebook should be considered as such) needs to be added and configured at Facebook's side.

I took a liberty of accessing your site and it seems that the Ultimate Facebook plugin is configured properly on your side. Could you please login to your Facebook "dev" account at

https://developers.facebook.com/

then select your app name form "My Apps" menu and go to "Settings" page?

There's an "App Domains" field which should be filled in with your domain name. Please put "yourdomain.com" there and save settings (do not put anything like "www.yourdomain.com" or "*.yourdomain.com", just a sole domain name).

Let me know please if it helped!

Cheers,
    Adam

• ITsupport
    • The Crimson Coder

Yes, I will go and toggle everything there, I've had the best of luck with it, in fact pushed it's limits and it is awesome. One of those Murphy's law things, getting close here and it decides to give me a little trouble.

But the biggest problem is the images not loading on the sub-domain yf... I put a question in. What's up with that? trying to figure that one out! want a fallback image for my mobile and header and flourish on desktop but cant upload only refer with url in certain ult brand. Can I use url everywhere, need to upload

• ITsupport
    • The Crimson Coder

What about ultimate facebook on my subdomain? It is a network and needs to be loaded again. So are there any redundant url pitfalls to check. still problems. Keep this in my with everything. multi net. only hangup moving to finish line. I CANNOT UPLOAD PICTURES. If I can do that I can produce and CLONE. NEED TO CLONE TO FINISH. THANKS.

R

• ITsupport
    • The Crimson Coder

I checked the domain is correct.

Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey OD,

I hope you're doing fine today!

I've visited your site and checked Ultimate Facebook settings. I can see that on your "Network Admin" -> "Ultimate Facebook" -> "Facebook Settings" -> "Facebook API" page, there's no settings for Facebook API configured. With Ultimate Facebook plugin network activated, this has to be set up.

Did you removed it since your last post here or wasn't it configured from the beginning? Please advise!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi @OD,

My apologies for long overdue on this thread.

On which site did you have support access granted?
    I can't speak in @Adam Czajczyk name so I pinged him in here so he can clear it up.

In the meantime, if you need to setup new FB APP to connect Ultimate Facebook there is short tutorial with screenshots available here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-do-we-use-ultimate-facebook-plugin-with-the-new-app-ver-20?replies=5#post-884161

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Ryan,

I hope you're well today and I'm sorry for the delay on my side!

What site are you talking about? prime or sube clcs?

I'm referring to the Ultimate Facebook plugin settings available in your network's "Network Admin". Of course you can setup (configure) a plugin on a "per site" basis but assuming your sub-sites are on subdomains and you're the one that created a Facebook App to be used with the plugin, the FB App credentials should be setup at this page:

"Network Admin" -> "Facebook" -> "Facebook Settings" page -> "Facebook API" and "Permissions & Tokens" tabs.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Ryan,

I'm honestly not sure about it. You may try to simply add all the domains you need to your Facebook App configuration (at Facebook developer's console) but you need to give it a try. If it doesn't work, you may need to create a separate Facebook app.

Eitherway, connection has to be configured for Ultimate Branding to work.

Let me know please how it went!

Regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.