Facebook Purchase Pixel Implementation

I am trying to install a facebook purchase pixel on my site and we currently do not have a "thank you for your order page" or and order confirmation page - the last page people land on is the order status - however when I try to install it there i get an error from facebook - can you please tell me how to install it correctly on the order status page? or if I need to create a thank you for your order page i am not seeing how to do it based off of the other forum help threads i have read as we do not have an option for an order confirmation page in our backend. thanks!

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jessica,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

There's currently no "Thank you...." kind of page in MarketPress and an "Order Status" is the last step customer can go to while completing a purchase. Therefore this would be the right page to implement Facebook pixel.

The "catch" however is that the "Order Status" page can be displayed to the user in different context and as such the FB Pixel wouldn't work properly. I think that the solution would be to push FB pixel to that page using a custom function hooked to an action fired upon order completion (payment confirmed by payment gateway). This could be achieved in form of a MU ("Must Use" plugin).

I'm not sure however which MarketPress filter/action we should hook that function to so I asked our developers for help on this. They'll let me know whether I'm right on this one or not and should be able to share some tips on implementation. Please note though that this may take a bit longer than my response here as they deal with a lot of complex issues on daily basis.

Please keep an eye on this thread and I'll update it as soon as I get my response.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Jessica
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

just checking back in here - we have a huge conference kicking off next week and getting this pixel working is imperative to the last big ad push before the event begins. any guidance would be much appreciated. thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.