Facebook recent comments does not work

Hey everybody

I have the Ultimate Facebook plugin installed on my blog. When somebody comments on a blogpost it should appear on the blog. I use the Facebook recent comments widget, but nothing appears under the widget.

Take a look at this blog:
http://footbloggers.dk/kasperstent/2016/02/21/taet-paa-sidste-chance-for-triumfer-i-aar/

There is a Facebook comment below, but it does not appear on the right under "Facebook kommentarer". WHY??

• Sajid

Hi @kasper_fred,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I can see you are using Facebook Comments widget instead of default comments and in widget you are using recent comments widget.

Recent comments widget only display comments that are stored in WordPress database only. With import comments system you can only import comments on posts published by Auto Publish feature of Ultimate Facebook that periodically checks for Facebook comments and import into WordPress system.

If you want to import now then you have to enable per blog mode and in Admin > Facebook > Facebook settings > Facebook Comments > Import comments now click on the link that will import comments immediately.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

• Kasper Stentebjerg Frederiksen

Hi Sajid

Thank you for your answer.

I tried to follow your instructions, but it still seems not to be working for me.

I checked the "Import Facebook comments"
    "If checked, comments on your posts on Facebook will be periodically imported and merged with your regular comments."

Nothing appears under the widget, but there are several blogpost that have been commented on.

I moved the widget to the frontpage so the visitors always can see the latest comments. It is called "Seneste kommenterede indlæg". It is placed in the right sidebar.
    http://footbloggers.dk/

I also have the "comments plus" plugin installed because I only want the users to use the facebook comments. Can that have something to do with it not working for me"

I have granted you access to the site, if you are willing to take another look at the site.

Cheers, Kasper

• Sajid

Hi @kasper_fred,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I can see there are no posts published on Facebook via Ultimate Facebook plugin on your website as seen in attached screenshot.

Please bear in mind that to import comments from Facebook you must publish a post on Facebook using Ultimate Facebook plugin.

Also, want to clear one more thing is that if you are using Facebook comments widgets and you want to import those comments into WordPress comments system than its not possible at the moment.

Finally here are exact steps to use Auto Publish on Facebook and Import Facebook Comments options.

1. Go to Network Admin > Facebook > Facebook Settings > Autopost on Facebook and enable Allow autoposting new posts to Facebook.

2. Map what post types you want to publish and on what pages or profiles.

3. Go to Network Admin > Facebook > Facebook Settings > Facebook Comments and enable Import Facebook comments.

4. Now go to Main Site Admin > Posts > Add New (assuming you are mapped posts to be published on fb) publish a new post and make sure its published on relevant page/profile. I selected my plugin for test.

5. Now comment on that Facebook post in my case here is the post link on Facebook and here is the actual post link on my test site.

6. You will see the comment I posted on Facebook post is also my website and can also be found in Main Site Admin > Comments

Hope that explains the functionality! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.