Facebook registration in prosites multisite

Im making a Pro Sites multisite setup with Facebook Ultimate plugin and I’m trying to work out why the Facebook Registration is saying “Cannot create a user with an empty login name.” How can I also allow the user to pick a loginname/password etc. So that I dont get this error. I tried doing the mapping in the plugin settings to map the email as the login name but still not working. Also I don’t think the “current location” option is needed.

HELP! :slight_smile:

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Dawid,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Can you please pop me a screenshot of the Facebook Connect tab of the plugin settings ?

Also, a screenshot of the Facebook Application Settings will be helpful.

Please advise.

Cheers

PC

Sales &Support

• Dawid Rewak
    • Flash Drive

OK, here it is. Also, when you click register, the facebook plugin pops up with “You’ve just registered for MyTrainer using your Facebook account.

If you didn’t mean to do this, you can undo this below.”

doesnt make sense since you havent actually registered until you click continue….. But that is the least of my worries right now.

You know how the plugin uses 2 fields :

blog title and blog address ,

Maybe there is a way to add loginname/password etc

I would also like to add a description, profile pic upload, all upon registration…

Does this plugin post the data to wordpress? It would have to right?

Thanks

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for the info.

I got the screenshot in email. I tried to register on your site but it looks like its protected via password so I could not register/view the site.

Maybe there is a way to add loginname/password etc

I would also like to add a description, profile pic upload, all upon registration…

Does this plugin post the data to wordpress? It would have to right?

It can map the WordPress profile to your facebook account details. So that should work fine. However profile pic upload etc are not mapped.

I am gonna need to have a look at your site to see what is going on there.

Can you please send me your login details via our secure contact form

1: Mark the email to my attention

Attn: PC

2: Include a link of this thread in the email

3: Include FTP and WordPress admin / super admin details.

4: While filling the form, select “I have a different question” from the list.

Looking forward for a response on this.

Cheers

PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Dawid,

Thanks for standing by while I was looking into it.

I tested the site and found the same issue. I could not replicate it on my lab site too.

I have sent a note to our lead developer @vladislav for his feedback on the same.

Ve, whenever we are trying to login using facebook, it throws and error “Cannot create a user with an empty login name.” and “can not create such user”

Cheers

PC

Sales &Support

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Dawid,

I have just learned that Vlad is out of the country at the moment for some personal reasons hence there will be a delay in answering this thread.

I will keep a track and will make sure that this thread does not get dropped.

Cheers

PC

Sales &Support

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

The “empty login name” issue is most could be a sign of a deeper issue. This happens when the signed response from Facebook containing all the info your user entered doesn’t match the local signature and, as a consequence, the validated Facebook response gets dropped in the process. Can we please make sure that your site isn’t doing any redirections in the registration form submission process? As for adding the additional fields to the Facebook registration form, this is entirely possible, using the hooks that the plugin exposes. It will, however, require some custom code to add the new fields and, once the data is validated by Facebook, do something with them locally (i.e. store them).

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.