Facebook Registration, No Confirmation Email

Hi,

I had a topic similar to this a few weeks ago, but just did a bit more testing and hoping I can get some help. I am using ultimate facebook with buddypress 1.5.1 and multisite I am requiring registration with facebook, so users can only see the facebook registration page.

I have 2 scenarios...

1. they go to the facebook registration page and they are not logged into facebook. They fill in the information themselves and everything works great...they get a welcome email from the wordpress system that I customized.

2. they use facebook to auto fill the registration form. A user and a blog is created but there is no email sent to them.

Is the there any chance this is going to get added to the next release, or could you help guide me to adding it to my site?

thanks,
mike

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Mike,

Just to confirm, scenario 2 is what's in view here regarding Ultimate Facebook, correct? Meaning you're trying to get the confirmation email sent?

By confirmation email do you mean the usual activation email that's required for the completion of the registration?

Thanks,
    David

• yeti
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

that is correct. I know since they are using facebook to create there account there is no need to verify their email address but I would like to send them a welcome letter giving them a link to their blog and some info about the site.

Any chance that could be included in the next release?

• bhusema
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I'm having issues with this plugin in lots of ways too. Requiring blog creation, blank pages after registration, etc. I love all the awesome work you guys have done on all these themes and plugins, but the touted facebook and buddypress integration was a lot of the reason I purchased a membership. I'm in a bit of a rush, so I'll just have to scrap that part of the plan for now. I can still launch, but my site will lose a lot of functionality and appeal.

I'm sure you've all got your noses to the grindstone, but I'd just like to kindly urge you guys to make this stuff work as fast as possible!

Thank you

• raison-online
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Yep, finding the FB and Buddypress integration falling short too.

No confirmation emails are sent on FB registration and the Welcome Pack does not work with Ultimate FB - This is good to send a welcome message and suggest friends etc..

Could this be looked at please?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings yeti,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

I will make sure that this gets into the sight of the developer as a feature request.

@bhusema - I am sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble with the Ultimate Facebook plugin. Please open a ticket concerning these unrelated issues so that we may effect a troubleshooting session with you.

@noriise - as mentioned I will be bringing this entire ticket in front of the eyes of the lead developer of this plugin.

Thank you all for being WPMU Dev members!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• bynon
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Joe,

If you could please suggest that the confirmation email be an option -- not forced -- when joining via Facebook Connect, that would be ideal. A nice capability, to be sure, but may not be ideal for all.

Cheers!

David

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Adam,

This actually turned out to be a feature request and not an issue as designated by the forum in which it is placed in.

There are two perspectives of this - one that Byron pointed out that if you have registration using Facebook then why should there be an email and he wanted it to be enabled as an option and the other was just email confirmation.

In both events, it is still a logged and acknowledged feature request which has not to date come up for implementation.

However, it appears that we have your +1 for this as well?

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings teamgrizzly,

Please create your own ticket and feel free to copy and paste any relevant items from this ticket into your new ticket unless you were just ditto'ing the feature request.

With this one word item we do not know what you are referring to, an issue or the feature request.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• raison-online
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Joe,

Please can you bring this to the attention of the lead developer. I think the main functionality required is getting a confirmation email sent out on new registration. Using the WPMU welcome pack is probably the best solution, so the developer would need to get that to integrate with the FB plugin.

Thanks

Elliot

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Elliot,

Thank you for your additional input into this feature request ticket, it is certainly appreciated and informative with your suggestion regarding the WPMU welcome pack.

I cannot do anything more to bring this to the lead developers attention because this ticket should already be on his radar as indicated by the flag indicators that us staff have privilege to see.

So I am certain he is aware of this ticket.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member Elliot!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.