Facebook RSVP not working / Twitter works

we have installed events+ and really need users to have the ability to rsvp via their facebook login, but it doesn’t seem to be working properly.

sample event is located here: http://blog.kwwaterford.com/events/2012/04/sample-traning-event/

clicking the twitter login works fine (launches the popup), but facebook seems to do nothing.

need this relatively quickly, but any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi arrangingpixels,

There is a problem in your theme: jQuery is being loaded twice and with different versions. This is possibly causing a conflict. Indeed there is a javascript error on the page without trying to login with Facebook.

To confirm this, please switch to the default WP theme and check if problem persists, then let us know about the result.

Cheers

Hakan

• BrandCo
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

thanks for your help, hakan. we have removed the older jquery call, and still the problem persists. i have tried to isolate which scripts are causing the conflict, but i’m not very skilled at troubleshooting this type of stuff.

thanks for everything :slight_smile:

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi arrangingpixels,

You have another javascript (jQuery) problem. Find these codes (in SlideAd I suppose):

jQuery(document).ready(function() {
    $(".slideAd").toggle("fast");//show the slideAd step 1
    $(this).toggleClass("active");//show the slideAd step 2

And correct the first line as:

jQuery(document).ready(function($) {

which then becomes the correct jQuery usage:

jQuery noConflict wrappers

Cheers

Hakan

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi arrangingpixels,

You can use Google Chrome and press Ctrl+Shift+J. In the Console, you will see the javascript errors and sources.

You have similar problems in jscolor.js and websitechange.js.

You have also duplicate DOCTYPE declaration:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

There are two closing head tags </head>

After seeing these I can say that there may be other theme related problems due to poor theme development work (converted from a php website maybe?).

You can see such html related problems in:

W3C Validator

Cheers

Hakan

Edit:

By the way, “Allow Facebook and Twitter Login?” setting of Events+ does not seem to be checked.

jscolor.js call looks hardcoded, but it requires jQuery. So you should make it called after jQuery loads. See wp_enqueue_script for proper use.

You have additional html codes after </html> which is not allowed.

• BrandCo

@hakan the project isn’t the prettiest thing: we’re trying to make it as simple as possible for people to take their already existing site, and house wordpress inside of it. so we’re grabbing all their header code, and then adding our own code. unfortunately, we don’t have any control over any of their existing code, other than what we can manipulate through our own coding and scripts.

i am currently working on cleaning it up as much as i possibly can.

if i have any more questions, i will post again.

thanks so much for your help!

• BrandCo

it was in fact being loaded in the wp_footer hook, and our previous developer left out that function call. put it in, and now it triggers the popup window. currently is giving us an error, but i’m going to spend some time diagnosing and see if i can solve on my own before posting here.

• BrandCo

alright, so, the list to display who has rsvp’d is not working: it hasn’t worked, ever. i’ve even activated the twentyeleven theme, and it doesn’t work there.

i went to the ajax url through the browser, and it is displaying the appropriate content, but it doesn’t get pushed to the event page.

i believe the line in question is in eab-event.js, line 13:

jQuery("#wpmudevevents-rsvps-response").load(jQuery("#wpmudevevents-load-rsvps").attr("href"));

and here is the url:

http://blog.kwwaterford.com/events/2012/04/sample-traning-event/

any help would be great! need this as soon as possible.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.