Facebook Share instead of Like?

Hi team :slight_smile: Is this possible? As shares are actually a lot more helpful than likes.
Thanks in advance!

• Rupok

Hi Valentin, thanks for asking.

I'm afraid, currently it shows facebook like button and sharing button is not possible out of the box. But I totally agree with you. Sharing has bigger impact than just liking. So I'm moving your thread to our Features and Feedback section. More people liking the idea, more chances our developers will work on this and will include sharing feature in our future releases.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Valentin

Thanks very much, Rupok!
    Is there any chance I can achieve this by myself?
    And since this is in the feedback section now - can we add a real lazy loading to the plugin? Like, loading after somebody actually clicks on the button and opens the popup? I have my website loading around 1 sec without the plugin, and it load for 2.3 seconds when I turn the plugin on and put the box on the page. Even with the lazy load on it adds more than a second to the loading, which is unnecessary at first, because you never know if the person would even click to share your content. So if they don't, the share box shouldn't slow down the site and deliver a bad experience for the users.
    Maybe simple share buttons without counters will help for the loading times too.

Thank you very much!

• Rupok

Hi Valentin,

I'm not a developer, but I checked plugin files, and found the code responsible for showing the like button in this file:
    /wp-content/plugins/social-marketing/lib/services/class_wdsm_facebook_service.php
    So you can check the code on that file and try to hack by yourself. Please keep in mind, this is a core file of the plugin. So if you make any changes to this file, it will be gone in next update of this plugin and you will have to make those changes again.

Regarding lazy loading, I support your point but it will require huge amount of coding. This is already in the Features and Feedback section, our users will see this too and I believe, they will like this idea also. As I said before, more people liking these ideas, more chances our developers will work on these and will include these features in our future releases.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.