Facebook signup and syndication

I am trying to see if your ultimate facebook plugin will help me solve my challenge. If not maybe it will give you guys an idea on a new plugin.

I am trying to:

1. Force people to link their facebook to their multi site blog during the early part of the signup process. ( i see u can do that in vid 4 of the tutorial )

– However the reason is I want:

2. Anytime they post content on their multi site blog will it syndicate and post to their facebook also?

3. I want to be able to post to EVERY multi site in my network and also have that syndicate to their facebook also.

Are these things possible with the ultimate facebook plugin?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @j

I hope you are well today and thanks for your question.

Ultimate Facebook should be able to do all these things.

They can sign up for a blog with their Facebook account, you can set syncing so that it gets posted to Facebook on all blogs.

And also you can access the blogs to post as well.

I’ll also confirm with the lead developer @vladislav for you :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

The auto-posting in Ultimate Facebook plugin will by default syndicate all the posts on your blog under one, pre-configured location (i.e. one wall). However, in semi-automatic posting mode (i.e. auto-posting is turned off and the post metabox is still on), your users will be able to use the post box to send their content to their own walls. As for propagating the posts to all blogs, the Ultimate Facebook plugin won’t do that for you – you’ll probably want to have a look into one of the content replication plugins.

• j
    • New Recruit

I understand the first part of your post but not the part about the replication plugins.

Do you know of any way possible to post on ALL blogs in my network and thus have those posts show up on my users facebook walls as if they posted it?

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

You may want to consider setting up and configuring our Autoblog plugin on your child sites to follow the main blog feed and import the posts from RSS. Alternatively, you can have a look into something like this: http://wordpress.org/plugins/threewp-broadcast/

Another, in my opinion better and more scalable approach, is to use something like our Post Indexer plugin, and the accompanying set of plugins that rely on it. This will keep your posts local to your blogs, hence not contributing to any possible performance penalties which may happen with the other, direct method. However, Post Indexer will also centralize your posts into one globally available place, so your suit of accompanying plugins can easily make use of it, without performance penalties. Performance is a very important issue for any site, especially a networked one, so this approach might be worth it.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.