Facebook Ultimate on Sub Blogs

Have the plugin set up and working, but it only works on the main blog. The sub sites/blogs, it opens the facebook login box, but then nothing.

Main site logs in fine. Subsites do nothing.

Settings in the network admin are set to use the same for all blogs and not allow them to edit the plugin individually. App is configured to the main root mysite.mysite.com/

Subsites use folders ... mysite.mysite.com/site

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jason3111,

Thank you for this great question and bringing this significant issue to our attention.

Do you have this network activated or site by site activated?

It is my opinion that this will need to be used in a site by site manner to get this to work as you are indicating.

As you mentioned the app is registered to mysite.mysite.com but not to mysite.mysite.com/site

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• jason3111
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Joe. It is network activated and set for each sub site to use same credentials.

I dont understand why I this would even be an option if it doesnt work on a network wide level.

Wouldnt mysite.mysite.com also cover the /subsite directory as well? Isnt that the purpose of plugin?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jason3111,

Thank you for your additional feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

Wouldnt mysite.mysite.com also cover the /subsite directory as well? Isnt that the purpose of plugin?

This may indeed be the purpose of the option, but it is absolutely not the purpose of the plugin.

The purpose of the plugin is to autopost to your wall or fan page, registration and login, Facebook comments.

But the big issue here that I can see, and not certain because of your obfuscation of the real URL's, is that you are trying to use this on a sub domain MultiSite install with a sub site? A sub site of a sub domain?

Please confirm.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.