Failed plugin install. "destination folder already exists"

PopUp Pro plugin will not install.
Getting : Server Status OK 200
and message : "Destination Folder Already Exists"

Checked via ftp, no new folders were created in wp-content/plugins

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Richard,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked your site and can confirm the issue there. Usually, this happens if the plugin actually is already installed (in the same version) but there was some sort of "glitch" that prevented WPMU DEV Dashboard from detecting it. However, on your site it doesn't seem to be installed.

I have then tried to install a different plugin of ours and it resulted with the same issue. However, other - non WPMU DEV - plugin cannot be installed to. I tried to install some simple plugin from wordpress.org repository and it resulted in a plugins page full of HTML code, instead of plugin being installed.

That indicates more serious issue here. First things to check in this case would be:

1) folder permissions: access your WP install via FTP or cPanel's "File Manager" and check /wp-content/plugins folder permission; that should be a number so try setting it to 755 or even 775 and see if that helps.

2) if it's not that, please check if you actually do have some storage space on server still available; it might be a result of server storage quota being close to full;

If none of that helps, please enable WordPress debugging by adding following lines to the "wp-config.php" file of your site:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

Make sure that they are above the "/* That's all, stop editing! */" line. After that, please try installing some plugins again (both WPMU DEV and 3rd party) and then download the file named "debug.log" from the /wp-content/ folder of your site, rename it to "debug.txt" and attach to your response here. Hopefully, it will give us a clue on what's happening there.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.