Failed to open PDF certificate

When the Student tries to download the Certificate’s PDF and open, it gives the “38d73c0a48be3035e01e6d593748.pdf” could not be opened.

https://cdn.livechat-static.com/api/file/v2/lc/att-old/8801096/97f9238c737397cf833499b8b7c7baeb/Screen%20Shot%202018-10-08%20at%2010.57.05%20AM.png

I tried to download some PDF from /wp-content/uploads/pdf-cache and it opened ok, can you help me?

• Jonjon
    • Code Killa

Hi there, Jason.

Hope you are doing great and thank you for reaching out to us.

I have passed this ticket to our Second Line of Support who will be analyzing it and giving us some feedback soon. Please note, that they might take a few days depending on complexity of issue.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Jon

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Hi Jason,

Could you tell me if this issue suddenly appeared or if it was like this from the start? Just asking to see if there might be any server-side issues / plugin conflicts as well going on.

Also, I see that the Admin user you provided us doesn’t have full access to the admin dashboard as it seems? Your probably using a user-management plugin or so. Could you convert the support user you opened up for us to “full” admin as well?

Regards,

Konstantinos

• Jason
    • Flash Drive

Hey…I don’t believe it was from the start. We did move from another server…but that was over a year ago. However, I don’t have a definite of when the issue started, it’s new to me as of yesterday.

You now have full access (sorry, that was unintentional).

Thanks…

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Hi Jason ,

I don’t see anything wrong with CP nor the way that the PDFs are generated, that’s why they are properly contained in their respected folders and a ‘manual’ download or a direct link opens them up with no issues.

Since you’re mentioning a migration, would there be a chance of a check on the server ( nginx as far as I can tell ) that there is no tricky permission or a prevention rule accidentally set up, preventing a download ‘via’ WordPress? That could be checked by your Hosting provider easily.

I could also take a look if you like and see if I can find anything server-side going on preventing the downloads as well. You can send me the information needed if you want privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question by following this example:

Subject: "Attn: Konstantinos Xenos"

- Server Admin ( CPanel / Plesk )
    Username:
    Password:
    Login URL:

- Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs -or- information regarding the issue that was not included in this thread

Regards,

Konstantinos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.