Failing miserably with ANY SEO plugin :(

Hi everyone.

Hopefully this is a quick one.

I am having a problem where whatever wildcards are set for SEO page/post titles are also affecting the post title/heading on the page itself.

So the theme has wp_title in the header section for the browser titles
It also uses wp_title in the theme index.php to show a page/post title and then a sub title that you can set when creating a post/page.

Infinite SEO correctly changes the title in the browser, but it also affects the title displayed for the post/page.

What else can I use in the index.php to stop it being overwritten with SEO output. PLEASE HELP. Losing hair...

I'll post both bits of code.

This is the header code for title.
<title><?php bloginfo('name'); ?><?php global $page, $paged; wp_title( '|', true, 'left' ); ?></title>

This is the theme index.php title bit.
<?php wp_title($sep = ''); ?>

Apart from that infinite SEO is not bad comparing it to Yoast's Wordpress SEO.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

I'm not entirely sure I understand your question here. Feel free to draw a picture for me, screenshot and such :slight_smile:

Infinite SEO correctly changes the title in the browser, but it also affects the title displayed for the post/page.

How is it being overwritten? Screens before and after along with setting screenshots.

I'm sure I had my brain food this morning but maybe not. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

• HypeIT
    • Flash Drive

Hey Timothy, thanks for checking in.

It's not you it's me.

Was getting late. Gibberish ensued.

Attached a screenshot. I hope that helps the rambling make sense now. Just to clarify, I definitely don't think it is a problem with Infinite SEO (though if there was a way for it to target wp_title in the <head> area only it seems like it would avoid this)

I am assuming there is a template change I can make to the <body> area where wp_title is referenced to stop it from being affected by the rewrite Infinite SEO is doing.

Any more clarity needed, just hit me up a reply.

Cheers

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

I see what you mean now.

Try just using this:

<?php the_title(); ?>

instead of:

<?php wp_title($sep = ''); ?>

That would be in your index or single.php.

That should fetch only the title of the article for the loop.

Let me know how that works for you.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.