I have my CustomPress set up and working properly except that I cannot save the data that is entered into the form fields on a webpage. I am pretty sure it is just my code that is wrong.
1. I have created a post_type called ‘character’.
2. I have created two custom fields called Name and Location.
3. I have created a single-character.php page.
4. I put the form in the loop. (Can be seen at http://www.swattermatter.com/eric/my-campaign/ )
5. I added the save_character function to the functions.php file. (Can be seen at http://www.swattermatter.com/eric/my-campaign/ )
The fields show up fine and are editable, but they do not save when I click submit. I’m sure the code is the problem. Am I supposed to make a function in the form action? Is there some example I can work from?
Thank you for your help.