False positive and what to do about them?

Wondering if you guys will update this to identify false positive files that are installed on ones server. For my example. I use my plesk panel to install and setup a wp install. It's very easy to manage it this way but it seems as though that there are core files there, that aren't originally there. I'm sure others with a similar setup are experiencing the same thing. Does wp defender look in inside zipped files as well as the source code for malicious malware? If this works somewhat like an antiviral software, when does this this updates get done for new and emerging exploits and hacks?

• Sajid

Hello Anthony,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am not sure whether it scans the zip files and files inside that like an antivirus at the moment. I have asked the developer for his feedback about it. I will post a reply here when I hear back from developer.

However, it does scan files and code inside those files.

It does not get updates like regular antivirus does for updated database of new and emerging exploits.

When it comes to web or WordPress security, its mostly some suspicious code in the file (like eval) or some none core WordPress files. That are covered nicely by our plugin and have algorithm to check those and flag as a threat.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support