False Positive on Blog marked as spam

I just started beta testing my multisite install, and the very first tester got locked out of her blog by anti-splog. It says it was 97% certain. All she did was create a blog and play around with editing it. What would have caused this false positive? How can I prevent it from happening? Should I remove the plugin if it is this unreliable?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Scott Daniels,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I wasn’t able to replicate such issue in my site, it’s pretty tough to troubleshoot with limited information, to have a better idea on why the blog was marked as spam, I would like to check your current website settings, could you please enable support access, so that we could give a closer look.

Please specify the subsite which is showing this issue? Are you able to replicate the same when you create a new subsite? However, if you are sure that it’s a false positive, the plugin can learn from it’s mistake by marking the blog as not spam, so that it’ll not be repeated.

If its okay for you then please grant support staff access so I can take a closer look. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Scott Daniels
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I turned on access. The ‘last ip’ mentioned in anti-slog is the internal ip coming from my load balancer. Perhaps that is throwing it off? I have created a couple of test blogs before this without any problem, but maybe it sees them all coming from the same ip, it had a problem?

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Scott Daniels,

The ‘last ip’ mentioned in anti-slog is the internal ip coming from my load balancer. Perhaps that is throwing it off?

Chances are there because obviously if a single IP is creating blogs one after another, it’s not a good pattern. Please try to create different blogs from different IP and check what happens.

If this false alarm happens too often, please let us know. We will be glad to investigate further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.