faq index not expanding when clicked

I have added the following code into a page.
[support-system-faqs]
when I view the page I can see my faq question
http://prntscr.com/72rmpj
But when I goto click on them, they do not expand.

It might be a theme issue, if you think it is, please direct me to the function or the css that would need fixing.
Thanks.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Noah,

Hope you're doing well today!

This does sound like a theme conflict. Do you see anything in your java console when you try to open up the tabs?

Also, a quick way to confirm this would be to temporarily swap to the default 2015 theme then check again to see if it's not working :slight_smile: it could be a plugin conflict as well.

Would you be able to link us to the page where this is happening? Then we could take a closer look. Or if you didn't want to post a link in the thread you could use our WPMU DEV Dashboard and grant support access: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Noah,

No problem, If you don't find anything then we won't force you to add the dashboard :smiley: I just figured it was more convenient - you can send details privately through our contact from too if you prefer :slight_smile:

Contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

FTP isn't required; however, it may help us find a solution quicker as it gives us access to your WooCommerce Amazon Extension.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Noah,

Thanks for sending that in :slight_smile: I think we've got it all sorted for you. You will notice a new plugin called "Quick Custom Solution Plugin" by @Vinod Dalvi, one of my colleagues. It resolves the conflict between Divi and FAQ.

I'll attach the plugin here just for reference too in-case you ever need it again.

Hope it's okay that I went ahead and activated it for you.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Noah

Tyler,

Hey thanks for all the work, and I hate to be the barer of bad news., but it is still a problem.
    If I add it to a page that the standard wysiwyg it woks, but not if using the page builder that comes with the Divi Theme,
    Before Adding -> http://prntscr.com/733x2m [support-system-faqs]

After Adding -> http://prntscr.com/733wi8 [support-system-faqs]

I am having the same problem with the support plugin shortcode also.
    Can you please take another look.

Thanks.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Noah,

Hope you had a good weekend and apologies for such a delay!

I tried adding the shortcode into the page builder and it seemed to work fine for me once I had that quick plugin activated, is that not working for you still?

and as for MarketPress, where are you seeing the issue exactly? I installed both Divi and MP to browse around it and find the issue but I couldn't see that issue anywhere. Let me know where you found it then I can take another look :slight_smile:

All the best,
    Tyler

• Noah

Hey Tyler,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Ok, so here is what I have done sense the last we talked.

I am working on another project, fresh install located at arlettestudios.com
    So I have been doing some testing to see if it the problem is Divi, Me :slight_smile: , or the plugin.

You will notice I have the gridmarket theme activated.
    I am having the same problem with it as I was with the Divi theme.. or atleast one of the top issues.
    The problem, the right sidebar is displaying under the content.. below every page.

I have attached a scrnshoot

• Tyler Postle

Hey Noah,

Thanks for your reply here!

That's happening for you when you switch to Divi theme too? FrameMarket/GridMarket only has 1 sidebar by default, how are you adding in the 2nd one? I'm not getting the same behaviour as that.

Would you be able to send in the credentials to your new site? Perhaps I'm missing something here.

You can send them in the same way as before :slight_smile:

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Or if you can replicate this on your previous site then I can just log back in there, let me know.

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Noah,

I'm assuming you just haven't sent it yet, but another member had an issue where their messages didn't get through to us - so just wanted to make sure that wasn't the case here :slight_smile:

If you haven't sent it in yet, no problem, it should be assigned to me when you do. You can always post back in the thread too if you're not sure I received it.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Noah

Well, I had to moved on.. I installed woocomerce and BAMM! it just worked out of the box. I will not being using any wpmudev plugins in Divi, sense 80% of my sites are using Divi, and for FAQ's I will just have to use another plugin. Sense I won't be using the plugins, I wont need videos, nor support. so this will be my last month here. Thanks for trying though..

What really suck is that I'm not the only with this problem using Divi and any solution created on these forums by other members, they are asking money for them, even though the solution came from you all and other members for the solution. Crazy.. but hey to each his own.

I did try the upfont themes, the editor/upfront is just to slow, it kills my computer.. But, someone with a newer computer it probably runs fine. I'm still on a older system with Win7 and don't plan on upgrading anytime soon (at-least not this year), I like to get 5 to 7 years out of my hardware.

Regarding MarketPress, although you all have great videos on setting up the plugin, there isn't anything in the videos for setting the pages and using the shortcodes and examples of using the shortcodes to flow with my site layout. This may have helped me to figure out if the issue were plugin specific or theme specific, or how users will gain access to their account using a page with shortcodes etc.. much to be desired. At least at my skill level.

I will keep my eye on the forums to see if anything changes..

Again, thanks for helping me out this far.

~N

• Tyler Postle

Hey Noah,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner on this, had yesterday off - just trying to get caught up now :slight_smile:

Well, I had to moved on.. I installed woocomerce and BAMM! it just worked out of the box. I will not being using any wpmudev plugins in Divi, sense 80% of my sites are using Divi, and for FAQ's I will just have to use another plugin. Sense I won't be using the plugins, I wont need videos, nor support. so this will be my last month here. Thanks for trying though..

While I'm glad you found a solution, sorry to hear it wasn't with our products. I'm still happy to help further with this if you like :slight_smile:

What really suck is that I'm not the only with this problem using Divi and any solution created on these forums by other members, they are asking money for them, even though the solution came from you all and other members for the solution. Crazy.. but hey to each his own.

The plugin above does seem to work in many situations as other members have noted, including @Honor above who mentioned it's working for them :slight_smile:

Many situations where a theme is conflicting with a plugin it's because of virtual pages, which a few of our plugins still use - we're moving away from that. The next major release of MarketPress will use actual WordPress pages instead of virtual ones.

I did try the upfont themes, the editor/upfront is just to slow, it kills my computer.. But, someone with a newer computer it probably runs fine. I'm still on a older system with Win7 and don't plan on upgrading anytime soon (at-least not this year), I like to get 5 to 7 years out of my hardware.

Which browser do you primarily use? We are constantly working on optimizing the performance of Upfront. It's functionality and performance is priority #1 right now, after that we'll move into adding more plugin integrations.

Regarding MarketPress, although you all have great videos on setting up the plugin, there isn't anything in the videos for setting the pages and using the shortcodes and examples of using the shortcodes to flow with my site layout.

Sounds like you are wanting to use actual WordPress pages instead of the default physical ones? The shortcodes weren't actually meant to do that - but as mentioned above, that's coming in the next major release :slight_smile: MP 3.0.

We also have a MarketPress specific Upfront theme in the works that should be pretty awesome too - haven't seen it myself yet.

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
      Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey @Honor, thanks for chiming in and glad the solution above worked for you: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/faq-index-not-expanding-when-clicked?replies=19#post-882874

As for a list of known conflicts, we often just fix them as they come in if possible. The one above that affects the anchor links seems to be the one issue that many of our plugins faced with it, and likely other non WPMU DEV plugins too.

If you run into any further issues just let us know and we'll see what we can do :slight_smile: we realize Divi is a very popular theme so do try to add integrations into the core plugin when possible so the issue doesn't keep coming up.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Noah

Sounds like you are wanting to use actual WordPress pages instead of the default physical ones? The shortcodes weren't actually meant to do that - but as mentioned above, that's coming in the next major release :slight_smile: MP 3.0.

Yes, this is exactly what I was needing, ahh man, I wish I could have articulated it that clearly earlier.. Would have saved me hours of troubleshooting.. This is a good thing.. Not knowing this from the get go... man that sucks.. Well then no wonder you have very little documentation on that. Additionally, this just might be the problem I am having with the other plugins.
    Which leads me to another question, you got any pointers on learning how to change the "physical ones"?
    <hr>

Which browser do you primarily use? We are constantly working on optimizing the performance of Upfront. It's functionality and performance is priority #1 right now, after that we'll move into adding more plugin integrations.

I use Firefox and Firefox Developer Edition primarily, and quick testing on chrome, IE, safari, Opera.
    Ya I loved upfront, but felt like I was using a Java Applet , every things was real slow and it got slower and slower as I continued. if you all work that out.. oh man.. what a product line..

• Tyler Postle

Hey Noah,

I spoke to the project manager and there isn't a way to change them to physical pages. Not without a lot of custom development anyway.

You can use the products list shortcode to embed the grid in another page then link to that one, but it won't replace the existing /store/products page.

I use Firefox and Firefox Developer Edition primarily, and quick testing on chrome, IE, safari, Opera.
    Ya I loved upfront, but felt like I was using a Java Applet , every things was real slow and it got slower and slower as I continued. if you all work that out.. oh man.. what a product line..

I find it is slow sometimes in Firefox specifically. Chrome and others I haven't had any issues. With that said, the developers are constantly working on optimizing the performance :slight_smile: I'm really excited for the future of Upfront. We have an Upfront child theme builder on the way too - looking forward to seeing what the community creates with it!

Appreciate the feedback too Noah :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.