Farms 133 Pack Update Notifications

Hello All,

We installed the Farms 133 Theme pack on a multisite installation and were immeidately notified of updates available for a number of the themes.

Since the update notification did not come through WPMUDEV notifications, will we lose WPMUDEV modifications to those themes if we upgrade them?

We specifically want to retain all the hooks and integrated features for ad, global ads, etc. that WPMUDEV has added (according to the info page).

Should we update or ignore?

Or how do we preserve the WPMUDEV mods if we do update?

Thanks!
Phil Duncan

• Timothy Bowers

Hey Phil.

Since the update notification did not come through WPMUDEV notifications, will we lose WPMUDEV modifications to those themes if we upgrade them?

If you updated the themes they would revert to what ever WP.org version is. So this could well mean features are dropped or added. It would be hard to tell for sure without comparing each theme.

I do know that a new release is being worked on although I'm not sure of the time scale until release.

Should we update or ignore?

That decision lays entirely with you. I use some of those themes, and never upgraded them personally.

Or how do we preserve the WPMUDEV mods if we do update?

If you overwrite them with another developers files there would be no easy way to do this other than run a differential program and move the required code from one to another. Not really easy to do if your not familiar with code.

Hope this helps. If you have any further questions then please let me know. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.