Fatal Error

Hi, I get this when I try to acces the plugin admin page on my Wordpress 3.2.1 single install.
Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::add_help_tab() in /home/content/66/5997966/html/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/snapshot.php on line 1303

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

As I just mentioned we always develop for the most recent release.

The problem with backward compatibility is where do you stop... Which version 3.2, 3, 2.9, 15..... How much do you bloat the code out to support older versions.... how much more resources would be acceptable to process code checking for compatibility.

I know not everyone agrees with this. I don't expect them to. But I personally believe we should aim to support the latest version and stream line the code where possible for more efficiency. I personally would rather a plugin I use within a multisite no be processing checks for compatibility, especially when its a extremely busy site. (Same for single site as well, which this plugin relates to) I'm talking about my own personal thoughts here of course. :slight_smile:

I will pass your feedback along to the developer. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• taropaa
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thank you for sharing those thoughts Timothy,

I appreciate the fact that you keep the code clean. I also know that sometimes supporting older versions of wordpress is like chasing two rabbits at once (you may end up catching none).

When it comes to this plugin in particular though, supporting one previous wordpress version will allow users to back up their database before upgrading to the latest version of wordpress. I personally do this manually just to be safe, but other users may find this option beneficial.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

When it comes to this plugin in particular though, supporting one previous wordpress version will allow users to back up their database before upgrading to the latest version of wordpress. I personally do this manually just to be safe, but other users may find this option beneficial.

Absolutely, I can certainly see the benefit. :slight_smile:

Backing before upgrading is always a good process to follow. Sometimes upgrading its like the abyss, the unknown. I like to have backups as well.

I've passed your feed back along. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

taropaa, just wanted to advise we have not forgotten about you. There were some other changes/bugs I was researching that will all be included in the next update to the Snapshot plugin. Along with your request for some backward compatibility for older WordPress version. Thanks for using Snapshot and for being a WPMUDev member.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.