Autoblog - Fatal error

This has not quite worked - although feeds were 'published' as drafts....

When adding a feed - before the data's entered the Add posts to: field states:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_blog_option() in /yadayada/wp-content/plugins/autoblog/autoblogincludes/classes/autoblogadmin.php on line 1075

Any suggestions? Any permissions that need changing?

Everything newly installed, using 3.5.2.

Tim

  • Tim Watt
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

    Huh?

    As stated latest WP (3.2.1)

    Also set up a second installation giving similar warnings - giving error when running the 'process' of:

    Warning: explode() [function.explode]: Empty delimiter in /home/content/yadayada/wp-content/plugins/autoblog/autoblogincludes/classes/autoblogprocess.php on line 318 - etc. etc.

    Another poss. clue.... The draft posts mentioned above didn't actually work as being capable of being published. They had only story headings.

    Thanks, Tim

  • Tim Watt
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

    Much closer, thanks, with no error messages appearing, so the options now are revealed.

    However, despite being set to Published, all posts after processing remain as Drafts.

    Also, posts consist solely of headlines, which can only be sufficient for Twitter feeds.

    The feed used is a valid feed in feedvalidator.com

    Thanks, Tim

  • Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

    However, despite being set to Published, all posts after processing remain as Drafts.

    Want to show us your updated screenshot with the settings? So we can see what settings you have in there now?

    Can you test another feed to see what happens with that one. Obviously we can only help so far without knowing the feed but can you check it and make sure that there is actually content in it as well as the titles.

  • Tim Watt
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

    I'm sorry, but I've already stated the feed is valid.

    Also, there's a whole host of weirdness here...

    Feeds seem to be deleted from the list after a certain time or at random, and a whole host of combinations for the settings make no difference to the feeds being left as drafts.

    That said - I've set up another installation on the same server that does seem to work - for now.

    Tim

  • Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

    I'm sorry, but I've already stated the feed is valid.

    Understood, but what I asked still stands - we have to walk through these steps so that we can narrow down what the issue could be - I'm not asking them randomly I'm directing you through what I would do if I had the same issue so that I can picture in it in my head and try to work out the problem and subsequent solution.

  • Tim Watt
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

    Not sure if there's more I can say.... I've gone further, testing numerous combinations of settings

    The feed is valid - tested.

    Tried many, many combinations so I'm not sure that 'directing' is the appropriate metaphor....

  • Tim Watt
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

    Hi

    I nuked the installation and started again - and the plugin now seems to work fine... EXCEPT.

    In this, and my other installation, very annoyingly after editing a feed, the whole feed is lost form the list of feeds!

    Bizaar!

    Tim

  • Siobhan
    • New Recruit

    Hiya Tim,

    Glad you the plugin working! As you haven't posted anything else I'm going to mark this thread as resolved.

    If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

    Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

    Thanks!
    Siobhan

  • Tim Watt
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

    Hi Siobhan

    Actually, a feed stopped working for no reason I can see, and after editing, once again, the feed is removed from the list, just as before....

    So definitely NOT resolved.

    Also, how do you link a post to the specific source (of the feed)? A one off top level URL isn't the one required - it should be the permalink URL. Shouldn't this be the default? and how do you set this? The suppose help link by the blank field doesn't offer any advice....

    Thanks, Tim

  • Tim Watt
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

    Some progress in that you can now edit feeds (though only tried a minor change) without loosing them, but feeds still will not auto-process (though can't say that for sure for all).

    Also, when I selected all to process, no processing occurred, but when selecting 'proces' for one (Twitter) feed that did process....

  • Tracy
    • The Incredible Code Injector

    Newer versions have fixed the disappearing feeds after editing issue for us.... we only saw this issue occur on single installs, not multi-site installs .... We haven't seen the select all and then process work for ages which was a gripe when feeds aren't processing because it literally means processing each feed one by one ....

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.