Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 524288 bytes) in /home/pbgs/public_html/INTERNAL/OutsourcingCollege.com/wp-content/plugins/appointments/appointments.php on line 6039

everytime we activate this plugin our whole site goes down and shows this message.
I also recently updated the plugin but it still doesn't work. still shows this message.

please help.
thanks

• aecnu

Greetings amitb,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with your WordPress installation and the Appointments + plugin.

The issue you have indicated above shows that your hosting account does not have enough php memory available to do the job.

It is not necessarily the Appointments + plugin causing the issue, but the combination of plugins activated each using memory until the Appointments plus plugin puts it over the top and then error.

Obviously that is not the case with my test production server:
    http://appointments.aecnuwpmu.us

So the next thing I would do is see how much memory you actually have and how much is being used with the plugin activated and without the plugin activated.

Therefore to start try using the WP-Memory-Usage plugin to get the answers to the questions I raised above.

Let us know how it goes and the numbers please i.e. how much is used and how much is available.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.