Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (Cloner)

I recently installed and activated the Cloner plugin to create a staging environment for development testing. However, when I follow the steps to clone my main site, shortly after clicking Clone My Site, I get the error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 922 bytes) in /home/proje235/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1425

I then all plugins except for Cloner and still had the same issue. I went back to Cloner and this time in the Additional Options I excluded a few more tables from being copied over. I didn't get the Fatal Error anymore - but I just got a blank page! I am able to access the site created at domain/bugtesting but I notice many important things missing:

* Our theme was not activated for the copied site, and when activated it does not contain any of the customizations we did so we have a bare minimum site on our cloned site.

* None of our WooCommerce products are copied over.

* None of our Media Library is copied over.

Are some of these not able to be copied over? Or do I just need to allow more and more tables for these to be copied over? I feel like I'm just going to keep running into the memory exhausted error by adding more tables.

I have followed the guides for increasing the memory limit in php.ini and wp-config.php . We have 128MB set for both. Even changing them to 1000MB doesn't resolve the issue. This 256MB limit fatal error must come from something else.