Fatal Error: BP_Group_Extension : Help!

Hi, I'm having an updates nightmare.

I had buddy press and group calendar installed and working great, did the updates for group calendar and Buddypress, all seemed great, except that Buddypress had everything switched on - so I went in to change the settings, and when I tried to update I just got this fatal error.

Fatal error: Class 'BP_Group_Extension' not found in /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bp-group-calendar/groupcalendar/bp-group-calendar.php on line 128

I've changed the name of the BuddyPress folder via FTP which has got my site back online - but don't know what to do next.

There were loads of events set-up in the calendar - so am nervous to deactivate the Group Calendar plugin incase they disappear.

Wordpress version is now 3.0.5 - I'm using theme Bp Scholar 2.4 - BuddyPress is the new version (or is trying to be) - BP Group Calendar 1.2.3

Any help please? I can feel the panic rising - eek!

• Philip John

Hi Roobarb!

Okay, no need to panic - we'll get you sorted :wink:

First, some questions....

except that Buddypress had everything switched on

Can you clarify what you mean by that please?

so I went in to change the settings

Which settings were they, and what to/from?

I've changed the name of the BuddyPress folder via FTP which has got my site back online

What did you change it from/to? Was this so you could upgrade?

There were loads of events set-up in the calendar - so am nervous to deactivate the Group Calendar plugin incase they disappear.

You should be fine with this, as it's all stored in the database. However, do a database backup (you should do these regularly anyway) using something like this plugin.

What did you do to upgrade Group Calendar? What was the previous version you were using and are you now on the latest version?

Finally - which came first; upgrading BuddyPress or Group Calendar?

I know that's a lot of questions but I want to completely understand your set up and what's gone wrong so I can best help you to fix it :slight_smile:

Phil

• roobarb

Thank you soooooo much for coming to my help.

In answer to your questions.

I updated BuddyPress first, all seemed to be OK - (as in nothing fell over the site looked Ok and from first glance all seemed to be OK).

I then uploaded the WPMU updater plugin so I could update the Bp Group Calendar nice and easily - again all seemed to be Ok - nothing fell over - no disaster.

But then I noticed on the website side of things that in the Buddy Press menu there were lots more dropdowns than I had before (I use Buddy Press in a really restrictive way - just to allow users to see groups that I create and so I can create calender items accross the groups).

I went into the Buddy Press settings and noticed all the things like - allow users to friend each other, allow users to create groups etc (basically everything on that page) were switched on rather than off.

I toggled them to off, and clicked update - and thats when it fell over.

I didn't know what to do as I couldn't get into the admin area, so I thought I'd just try renaming the folder for Buddy Press in the ftp to 'switch it off ' if you like. It worked and I could get access to the website and admin area again - so now I'm stuck.

What did you do to upgrade Group Calendar? What was the previous version you were using and are you now on the latest version?
    Sorry but I don't know this one for sure - I think it was 1.2.1 before - and just went to upgrade via the upgrade manager in admin, so it must be 1.2.3 now.

Thanks again for any help you can give me.

Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.