Fatal error - help needed URGENTLY

Help needed URGENTLY for non-profit racing the clock to launch a buddy press site! Was using the Studio theme and installed the plug in "buddy press template pack" and got this message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare bp_dtheme_ajax_querystring() (previously declared in /nfs/c06/h04/mnt/94946/domains/members.takeroot.org/html/wp-content/themes/studio/_inc/ajax.php:17) in /nfs/c06/h04/mnt/94946/domains/members.takeroot.org/html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/_inc/ajax.php on line 81

Now I cannot access any pages in my site!!! Please help!!!!!!!!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Liss,

We've had a few of these occur recently with the update to BuddyPress 1.5 and its inclusion of references to BuddyPress Template Pack. The issue is that BuddyPress Template Pack conflicts with the BuddyPress themes here, which actually don't require it.

What you can do to fix this on your site is simply delete that plugin's folder at /wp-content/plugins/bp-template-pack/, best done via FTP.

Could you give that a go and let us know how that works for ya?

Thanks,
    David

• gvpeace
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

David M,
    I am getting this error:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_site_name() in /home/glenda/public_html/vidasosteniblecostarica.com/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/header.php on line 27

I searched for the bp-template-pack in /wp-content/plugins, but I don't see one. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
    Glenda

• Liss
    • New Recruit

Thanks David - by the time I got your response I had already deleted the Studio theme, then deactivated the BP Template Pack prior to re-uploading Studio. If I'd known you guys would respond so quickly I would have just waited to hear from you - oh me of little faith! (But I am new here).

Any plans to fix things so they all play nice together?

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

There is no need to play nice they don't need each other. The template pack is designed to make themes work for BuddyPress and ours already do. It's not designed to run at all times with BuddyPress so you shouldn't have it on unless your theme isn't BuddyPress optimised.

• Miss B Hayving
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Can I add to this just for other folks with the same problem...

I had this issue and I didn't have the template pack installed.

Not sure what the issue was - but I tried a few things to fix it, in the end here's what worked:

1. change theme to twenty eleven
    2. deactivate buddypress
    3. download a fresh copy of buddypress (latest version)
    4. upload latest version of buddypress thru ftp
    5. activate buddypress
    6. check site
    7. if all good - activate buddypress theme

Hope that helps someone

cheers

Stef

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.