After several hours of trying to fix this issue, I'm admitting defeat and asking the experts for help!
Problem: 1. When I try to view a newly created a forum, the URL points mysitename/forums/forum/myforumname, but does not display any of the forum and just the surrounding page which is part of theme.
2. I've also tried going directly to the topic which has the above forum as its parent, but this returns the error message "Fatal error: Call to undefined function bb_get_id_from_slug() in /home/magicp01/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-forums/bp-forums-functions.php on line 137"
I have tried many of the solutions in the forums which have included:
1. reinstalling everything (including WP!)
2. checked the file permissions (folders 755 files 644)
3. only installed buddypress (and bbpress as part of the BP setup)
4. looked inside bp-forums-functions.php and made sure that the forum and topic has a "slug" included incase this was causing the error.
5. set the theme to BP default, but this causes a blank page (all white space) to be displayed if either the forum or the tpic is viewed.
Versions: WP 3.3.1, BP 1.5.4, bbpress 2.0.2 running the Studio theme.
It's quite likely to be something I've setup incorrectly, but any help/guidance would greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance,