Fatal Error, Installing Infinite SEO plugin

I got this error, when I tried to install Ultimate SEO plugin: atal error: Call to undefined function user_can_see_seo_metabox() in /home1/ptsblog/public_html/1001peoplethatsuck.com/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-seo-addon/wpmu-dev-seo-addon.php on line 85

I saw on the thread, that someone also had this problem. He renamed the file, and was able to solve it.

I deleted my file, and I cannot solve the problem. I still do not have access to my dashboard. When I click on dashboard, I still get the error message.

Please help!

Thank you.

• Kerri
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

My host was able to provide access to my WP dashboard. I logged in and deleted the plugin.

That said, I am unable to view any posts that are not on the homepage. When I click the post links in my sidebar, it leads to an Error 404 page for every single category.

This plugin really messed things up for me.

I've spent the past 3 hours trying to figure out how to fix this. Even my host provider does not know the answer.

I am using the blog-in-blog plugin, and I updated to the new wordpress version. All of my posts are still intact on the backend, but the posts are not showing up in the categories when the links are pressed. Just 404 Errors for everything.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Kerri,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

I got this error, when I tried to install Ultimate SEO plugin: atal error: Call to undefined function user_can_see_seo_metabox() in /home1/ptsblog/public_html/1001peoplethatsuck.com/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-seo-addon/wpmu-dev-seo-addon.php on line 85

It seems from the above error message you have posted that you are having the problem installing WPMU Infinite SEO Addon plugin and not our Infinite SEO plugin.

That said, I am unable to view any posts that are not on the homepage. When I click the post links in my sidebar, it leads to an Error 404 page for every single category.

I checked the single category from sidebar http://1001peoplethatsuck.com/1001-people-that-suck/ and it worked fine without any issue ( See the attached screenshot )

Please advise.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Kerri

Can someone please tell me how to get the Facebook comments working again on Ultimate FB Plugin? You can see that the installation of the Infinite SEO plugin made the comments from Facebook stop working.

Thanks.

• Kerri

I was able to fix this. The installation changed some of the settings in my categories, so I had to reset them.

Aside from that, it also interferred with my Facebook comments. I no longer have Facebook comments appearing on my site from my Ultimate Facebook plugin. Do you know how to get this working again?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

To be sure, if you deactivate the Infinite SEO plugin, does the facebook comment appear?
    Also share me a link where you facebook comment should be appeared.

Please note that, Infinite SEO and WPMU DEV SEO add on are two different plugins.

Please let us know.

Cheers
    Ash

• Kerri

The Infinite SEO plugin was uninstalled. When I installed it, it created a number of problems on my blog, and I removed it.

After I removed it, I was able to fix everything it had changed -- except for Facebook comments. I used to get Facebook comments on my blog (through Ultimate Facebook plugin) -- and now the Facebook comments do not appear on my blog.

Under Post Counts, click on The Social Experiment. You will then see a post called Fill in the Blank. The Fill in the Blank post has 3 Facebook comments, which should show in the comments section - but they do not.

On my WP dashboard, under comments, the comments from Facebook are listed, but they do not show. For each Facebook user comment, it says 0 approved. I try to approve it on WP, but nothing happens.

What do I need to do?

When I installed Infinite SEO it changed some of the settings for my plugins, so it may have something to do with Ultimate FB plugin, too - but I don't know what.

Should I reset the Facebook URL?

What do I need to do to get the comments to show?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Thanks for posting back.

While we strongly recommend keeping different issues on different threads, lets finish this one real quick.

First of all, did you make any change to Ultimate Facebook settings ? If not, then can you disable all other plugins including the SEO plugin you are using and see if the comments appear again ?

If not, we will have a closer look and see what is going on there.

Cheers, PC

• Kerri

I posted on here, because no one was responding to the post I made in the appropriate thread.

I did disable all of my plugins, and it is still not working. Someone from wpmu dev has been granted access, and is investigating the issue, which has been ongoing for 2 weeks..

Thanks.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

I wasn't sure which other thread you were referring too but can you please send in:

- Mark to my attention - ATTN: PC
    - Link back to this thread and the relevant thread you mentioned.
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Cheers.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi @Kerri

You need to send your wordpress site's admin login details so that PC can login in your site and check the issue.

If you sent it once for an other thread, then it is deleted from our system.

Also make sure you follow the above procedure to send the login information :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there Kerri,

Thanks for posting back.

It seems like you did not test for a conflict when requested before.

I just disabled the DisQus comment system plugin and the facebook comments start appearing.

Here is a screenshot.

Please note that as Ultimate Facebook auto injects the comment box in most of the themes, DISQUS comment system replaces the whole WP comments and it results in removal of the Facebook comments as well.

To override this, you will need to use the "Use a custom hook" setting in Facebook comments section of Ultimate Facebook settings.

So I just added the below code in your single.php file just above the place where comments are being called

<?php do_action(&quot;my_fb_comments&quot;);?>

So now Disqus and Facebook both comments will work.

Please note that this is a core code change and will be overwritten with a theme update so I will suggest you to either note it down or use a child theme for this change.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

• Kerri

Thanks for taking the time to figure this out.

I see that the FB comments worked in your screenshot. However, I am unable to view them.

Do I need to shut my computer down or clear my cache in order to reset something?

Not sure why you can view them, and I cannot.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @Kerri, I hope you're well today!

Resetting your browser's cache and cookies is always a good idea...
    If you're using Google Chrome you can simply test this in an incognito session (by pressing Ctrl + Shift + N you can open an incognito session, one that doesn't save any cookies or caches).

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Kerri

I looked at the site on my iPad, and I have the same problem, so I don't think it is just my computer. It is the same problem as before.

I go to a post that I know has Facebook comments. The post comes up, and I see that there are 3 comments (on the "Fill In The Blank Post"). Then the comment count quickly changes to 0.

When I click on the comments, I can then see that I have 3 comments, but the comments do not come up. Disqus runs, but it is not showing the Facebook comments.

I understand what you are saying about Disqus, but all of this was working before I installed Infinite SEO plugin - and it changed a lot of things.

Can this be resolved, or is it just not going to work anymore?

Thanks.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Thanks for posting back.

I go to a post that I know has Facebook comments. The post comes up, and I see that there are 3 comments (on the "Fill In The Blank Post":wink:. Then the comment count quickly changes to 0.

Can you kindly provide me a link to that post please ?

I just tested with

http://1001peoplethatsuck.com/1001-people-suck-fill-blank/ and http://1001peoplethatsuck.com/social-experiment-todays-challenge/ and posted a facebook comment and it works fine for me.

Screenshot attached.

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• Kerri

How come it shows your comment, but does not show the other 3 comments that were posted on Facebook? If you look in the dashboard, it does show the comments are there, but they are not posting like yours is.

I also left a comment on Facebook about the Ginger video of the week, and that is not showing either.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Kerri

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here.

This may sound like a silly question, but I do like to get the silly stuff out of the way. :slight_smile:

Have you ensured that "Import Facebook comments" is indeed checked in the plugin settings?

• Kerri

Yes, it's checked. I also tried checking "override wordpress comments." It didn't work, I still couldn't see the FB comments.

The only FB comments I can see on my laptop and my ipad are the ones posted by you guys. I can't see comments posted by anyone else, though they are listed in my WP dashboard.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Kerri,

Hope you're well today and thanks for granting access.

I've taken a look at this and even though my colleagues @Mac comments show on the post, his doesn't show in the admin area, but Patrick's does and I can see the other two also don't display on the post.

I've flagged the lead developer of Ultimate Facebook @Vladislav for his valuable input on this.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Kerri

I fooled around a little. I removed disqus and started using the built-in WP comments. It seems to allow both WP comments and FB comments, so I think the issue is solved.

I will let you know if I run into the problem again, using WP comments

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.