Fatal Error: Memory Exhausted

After doing update all through The Hub for this site it crashed giving me the following fatal error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4864 bytes) in /home/content/62/9573762/html/dobusinesscenter/wp-content/plugins/wp-defender/app/module/scan-module/model/class-wd-scan-result-model.php on line 480

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Titilayo,

That error usually means that there is problem with memory limits. You can increase them as shown here https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/increase-memory-limit/
    Your current limits can be found in WPMU DEV -> Support -> System Info.
    To see current limits you will probably need to disable Defender plugin through the FTP (or file manager in cPanel) - then go to wp-content/plugins and find wp-defender folder. Rename it to for example wp-defender1 - this will disable plugin and you will be able to check limit and the icrease them.

Let me know if this will help.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Titilayo
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Kasia,

Thank you for the response. I actually deleted the Defender file in file manager and now the error has jumped to something else:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1245184 bytes) in /home/content/62/9573762/html/dobusinesscenter/wp-content/themes/Avada/includes/avadaredux/custom-fields/typography/googlefonts-array.php on line 3

I had already gone in and tried to increase the memory according to two previous error messages but again, whenever I address one issue it bounces to another. I think that there is a bigger problem.

In my Hub it says that I don't have any backups which is weird. I do have Snapshot installed and I am thinking that maybe I can move that file out of the folder, reinstall Wordpress, and use Snapshot to restore.

Titilayo

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Titilayo!

The error you are getting states that WordPress scripts are not allowed to use as much memory as they need to. I understand that you went through increasing memory steps described in article but that error suggests that it did not take desired effect.

Removing the file(s) that error points to will not help in a long run. You will probably be presented with this error again and if you keep removing files that way at some point the error will eventually go away but most likely the site will just break.

That said, we need to make sure first that a reasonable amount of memory has been indeed granted to WordPress. I would like to check your site more closely then and for this I'll need a direct access to it.

Please send in:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Adam Czajczyk
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - login URL and admin account login credentials (may be a temporary admin account) data
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include hosting control panel access details (login address, username & password) - cPanel's usually the control panel used for this, but your provider may use something else; I'll need this for accessing your site's database, preferably via phpMyAdmin
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

Please use our contact form here http://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" from the drop-down list. 

Please be sure to make a full backup of your entire site first!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Titilayo!

Thank you for sending access credentials. I was able to check the site and successfully raise WP memory limit. Your site is now up and running. For more details, please check your inbox and if you can confirm that it's all working fine now, please mark this thread as resolved :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.