Fatal Error- ProSites and MarketPress

After minimal convincing from your support team, I decided to try out Market Press and Pro Sites for my e-commerce and subscription solutions. However, after installing and deleting the FTP files multiple times on a my multisite and on a single install of WP, I keep getting fatal errors for both of those plugins. I was so hoping to streamline my whole WP experience with just your company, but now can't get anything to work!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

• Sean Johnson
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Can you choose to deactivate these from the network admin on these plugins? are they still showing up in the list of active / deactive plugins?

Can you look that the database and see if there are left over data in the tables? These will still be in tact if you simple deleted the plugins from FTP.

Try to uninstall plugins using the native WP deactivate and delete buttons.

• matchmiddleeast
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

As soon as I install them either on single or multisite my screen goes white and I cannot access my dashboard, or anything on my site. So, then I have to go into my FTP files and delete the plugin. As soon as I do that, my dashboard works again.

There are no remaining files in the database.

• matchmiddleeast
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi jack,

I have the following plugins enabled:
    Buddypress
    Buddypress Toolbar
    Classifieds
    Communities
    Directory
    E-Newsletter
    Easy Review Builder
    Easy Smooth Scroll Links
    Elegant Builder
    ET Shortcodes
    Exclude Pages from Navigation
    Forums
    Google Analytics
    Headspace2
    Infinite SEO
    Invite
    Members Directory
    Membership Premium
    Messaging
    Ozh' Admin Drop Down Menu
    Profile Builder
    Remember Me Checked
    Select a Language at Signup
    Social Media Widget
    Theme My Login
    Ultimate Branding
    User Meta Pro
    Woocommerce
    Woocommerce Authorize.net
    Woomcommerce Remove Quantity
    Woocommerce Subscriptions
    Woothemes Updater
    WPMUDEV Dashboard

I did not enable my error logs when I started my hosting plan, so they were not being tracked. I have not had any problems loading plugins until these two.

Thanks Jack!

Brianna

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Brianna,

Thank you for the information, it's most likely a conflict with one of the above plugins.
    Could you try disabling all plugins, then try and install and activate both Pro Sites and MarketPress and see if it works, but before you do that, can you add this to your wp-config.php

Change define('WP_DEBUG', false); to define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Then add: define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true); this will output a log in wp-content if there are errors, them errors will also display on your site if you don't want them to add define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• TrueHammer
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I was looking for a way to let individuals subscribe to a site and add and maintain their own page - just one page per subscription.... Pro sites was suggested. Have tried to install it from WPMUdev dashboard on both subdomain and subdir multisite and neither will let me. Have tried uploading on sub domain (not that I have any as yet) and it returns:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function switch_to_blog() in /home/sites/************.org.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites.php on line 194

Any ideas? Firstly will Pro Sites allow me to "charge" for members to create a single page/post

Secondly any pointers to what is going wrong (on a 3.5.1 site with no other active plugins other than dashboard)?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @TrueHammer

I hope you are well today, that error is because your not using WordPress multisite, but a single site install.
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network

Firstly will Pro Sites allow me to "charge" for members to create a single page/post

No and Yes, It basically allows you to charge your users to create a site on your multisite network and if you wished you could limit them to just 1 post/page, but if you want to do this I would recommend Membership Premium: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/

You could then limit the ability to publish by access levels, this would work better for a single site install, but if you go with multisite then you may find Pro Sites and membership or just pro sites might suit your specific situation more.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• matchmiddleeast
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Jack- I did as you instructed (adjusted the wp-config.php file), deactivated all the plugins and then I manually uploaded the unzipped prosites folder through FTP client and BOOM! It worked! Then, I went over and installed marketpress via the WPMUDEV dashboard, and BOOM! It worked! So, many, many thanks for your clear, concise and timely responses and instructions. I'm a happy girl! Thank you!!

Brianna

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.