Fatal error registering BuddyPress / Membership 2

I can't figure out what caused the issue - all my testing was going great and then I did some work which I believe virtually all of it I have reversed, but I keep getting this error when I register a user.

[Mon Nov 23 14:03:25 2015] [error] [client 66.249.79.240] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function add_membership() on a non-object in /nas/content/live/sobsol/wp-content/plugins/membership/app/addon/searchindex/class-ms-addon-searchindex.php on line 286
[Mon Nov 23 14:03:46 2015] [error] [client 66.249.79.233] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function add_membership() on a non-object in /nas/content/live/sobsol/wp-content/plugins/membership/app/addon/searchindex/class-ms-addon-searchindex.php on line 286
[Mon Nov 23 14:04:23 2015] [error] [client 66.249.79.247] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function add_membership() on a non-object in /nas/content/live/sobsol/wp-content/plugins/membership/app/addon/searchindex/class-ms-addon-searchindex.php on line 286

I enabled support if you want to look - I need to get some rest and this troubleshooting has sent me down a 3 hour rabbit hole. Anyway, it isn't live so you can feel free to look and test.

Thanks, Dave

• David
    • The Incredible Code Injector

That is strange, did you change membership 2 settings. I need integrated with buddypress so it can register and it looks like that isn't configured any more like that. Did you first try the other way? My guess is that is still broken.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello David,

Only thing I did is to remove that conflict error with registration pages - so both plugins have now different pages for registration form (this has to work like that).
    But integration still works - please see screenshot - this is BuddyPress form on the Membership registration page.
    As I see my test user "wpmudev" is on the list of BuddyPress members also.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello David,

No, you need to have two separate pages - when you set one page for both plugins you can get strange results.

I assume your are referring to this part of the documentation

If you’re using a plugin to create a custom registration page, like BuddyPress, Pie Register, or Gravity Forms, be sure to select THAT registration page here, rather than the default one created by the Membership2 plugin.

yes?

I can agree this is confusing and I will notify writer of usage project.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.