Fatal error related to Pro Sites PayPal express - Can't access plugins

Ugh! Where to start?
I have been experiencing problems while trying to access the network plugins page for some time but usually I would ultimately connect to it. This morning, I was updating your WPMUdev Dashboard plugin and the process did not finish. I now cannot access the plugins page at all!!

Checking the error logs, I have found the following error:
[05-Feb-2017 20:11:22 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method ProSites::get_profile_id() in /home/fg9aw0px4s6b7os0/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites-files/gateways/gateway-paypal-express-pro.php on line 3146

I cannot provide you access because the WPMUdev Dashboard plugin did not re-activate and as I said, I cannot access the plugins page.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello antKat,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I must say that's an unexpected error that I never came across before. I'm wondering though why the Pro Sites is even involved here when you are trying to access WPMU DEV Dashboard which is available in Network Dashboar only (which, in turn, should be excluded from Pro Sites).

I think that there are two basic steps that we should start with:

1. Make sure that the main site is not a Pro Sites

The main site of your network should not be a "Pro Sites" site (it should not have a Pro Site level assigned). Could you please check if it's not? To do this, go to the "Network Admin -> Sites -> All sites" and see if in "Pro Site" column next to the main site it says "Manage >>" or if it shows any of Pro Sites' levels. If it's a Pro Site level, click on it and withdraw Pro Sites status from that site.

2. Update the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin manually

To do this please:

- go to "Network Admin -> Plugins -> All plugins" page and disable and then delete the "WPMU DEV Dashboard" plugin
    - make sure that you do not perform any updates to plugins now!
    - download the fresh WPMU DEV Dasbhoard plugin from this page:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/
    - install it again by going to "Network Admin -> Plugins -> Add new -> Upload" and following the manual installation process:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/installing-the-wpmu-dev-dashboard-plugin/

That should let you install the plugin in most recent version. You might be prompted to login to your WPMU DEV account again after that (you shouldn't be though).

Let me know about results, please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• antKat

Hi Adam,
    This network is about 3 years old. I checked the main site and did find that we had originally given it a pro site level manually set for forever. I have removed the Pro Site level from the main site.

I still am not able to access the network plugins page so therefore I am not able to manually update the wpmudev dashboard plugin. To re-state, it was updating the wpmudev dashboard plugin this morning that did not complete and then I was unable to access the network plugins page. Checking the error log showed the fatal error related to Pro Sites.

• Dimitris

Hey there antKat,

hope you're doing good and don't mind chiming in!

That ProSite error seems that was addressed way back in version 3.5.4. Are you using the latest ProSite version? Please advise!
    If not, please update it via FTP as long as your network plugins page isn't accessible.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/download-wpmu-dev-plugins-themes/
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/installing-regular-plugins-on-wpmu/#ftp

You can use the same workaround (via FTP) to also update WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/installing-the-wpmu-dev-dashboard-plugin/

Finally, please re-generate debug info and share it with us. Simply access your server through FTP, edit the wp-config.php file, find a line like
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    and replace it with the following (if the above line doesn’t exist, simply insert next snippet just above the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ comment)

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

Then go ahead and try to replicate the error by accessing the network Plugins page.
    By doing so, a /wp-content/debug.log file should be created.
    Simply download it, rename it to debug.txt and attach it here in your next reply. If file exceeds the 5MB limit of our forums, please use a service like Dropbox and post the shareable link instead.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• antKat

Hi Dimitris. Thanks for your response.
    First off, the Pro Sites that was installed WAS version 3.5.4. I went ahead and downloaded it anyway and updated it along with the WPMUdev dashboard via ftp.

Note: I am having the same problem on my network vitalityadvocates.com but am not having the issue on our vitalityadvocates test site vtb-test.com

After reviewing the debug file, I did notice a couple of issues with the amr user template plugin which I then deleted and I was able to finally get into the plugins dashboard at the usingessentialoils.com network. I then went and updated plugins and cleared out a few that were unnecessary. So - the problem is somewhat solved in that I am able to get to the plugins page but it is timing out (over 40 sec).

I then went to the vitalityadvocates.com ftp and updated the Pro Sites and WPMUdashboard. This network does not have the amr user template plugin. I still cannot access the plugins page on the vitality advocates network.

I don't know if it helps troubleshoot but I put the logs in Word and deleted the duplicates (which there were many). I am attaching both networks debug issues.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi antKat,

It seems like there are some missing files on your installation, did you perhaps performed WordPress update around that time as well?

Can you try installing fresh WP files to see if that changes anything?

You can do that by going to wp.org and downloading WP package, after that upload all the new files except for wp-content folder as well as wp-config.php and .htaccess files.

IMPORTANT: Make sure you have full backup ready before trying out above step.

Let us know if that makes any difference.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• antKat

@ Predrag
    I previously updated the wordpress files but I am still getting the same Fatal Error showing in the logs.

[05-Apr-2017 15:48:25 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method ProSites::get_profile_id() in /wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites-files/gateways/gateway-paypal-express-pro.php on line 3146

I am also still getting the double extensions for each PayPal payment - I don't know if this is related.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi antKat,

I'm unable to replicate this issue on my installation no matter what I try and the error you are referring to is addressed in latest Pro Sites version and shouldn't be happening anymore.

Could you provide us with FTP or cPanel access so we can investigate this further on your end?
    You can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - Site login url
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls

Best regards,
    Predrag