Fatal Error when Infinite SEO is activated in Multisite installation

When I attempted to activate the Infinite SEO plugin in my Multisite installation I received the following fatal error (xxxxxx are given for privacy):

Fatal error: Call to undefined function groups_get_groups() in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx.com/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-seo/wds-files/wds-sitemaps/wds-sitemaps-settings.php on line 23

What do I need to do to fix the problem? Thank you in advance for the help.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

Hmm this is the second time we've had the same error reported but haven't been able to narrow down the cause yet.

Can you tell me what version of WordPress and BuddyPress you're using please? Can you also confirm you're on the latest version of Infinite SEO?

One last thing: can you disable every plugin other than BuddyPress and see if the error still occurs when activating Infinite SEO.

Thanks,
    Phil

• Greg Rice
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks for the quick response, Phil. I deleted the plugin and the site started working again. I disabled all of the plugins except for 4, including BuddyPress, and reinstalled the plugin. Everything is currently working and I am in the process of setting up what I have installed. I will let you know of any issues I may encounter as I reactivate other plugins. Thanks again.

Greg

• Greg Rice
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hey David,

I do have the group component enabled, but after testing all afternoon, I think the problem came about because I had not fully set up BuddyPress and had enabled a number of plugins before I enabled Infinite SEO. When I deleted Infinite SEO and disabled all plugins except for BuddyPress, Anti-Splog and Pro Sites, I then configured BuddyPress then reinstalled and configured Infinite SEO. Then one by one I enabled plugins and have not had any more issues.

I hope this helps. Thanks for the responses.

Greg

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.