fatal error when upgrading from php 5.6 to 7.0.15

I upgraded my PHP version on my site today.

Once upgraded I had to disable Comments+ (the only conflicting plugin) as it was causing the wp-admin screen not to load.

Once logged in I tried to re-activate the plugin and now when trying to activate it shows the following:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Facebook needs the CURL PHP extension. in /home/domain/public_html/wp-content/plugins/comments-plus/lib/external/facebook/base_facebook.php:19 Stack trace: #0 /home/domain/public_html/wp-content/plugins/comments-plus/lib/external/facebook/facebook.php(18): require_once() #1 /home/domain/public_html/wp-content/plugins/comments-plus/lib/class_wdcp_model.php(35): require_once('/home/domain...') #2 /home/domain/public_html/wp-content/plugins/comments-plus/lib/class_wdcp_model.php(14): Wdcp_Model->_load_dependencies() #3 /home/domain/public_html/wp-content/plugins/comments-plus/lib/plugins/wdcp-tw_force_profile_url.php(15): Wdcp_Model->__construct() #4 /home/domain/public_html/wp-content/plugins/comments-plus/lib/plugins/wdcp-tw_force_profile_url.php(19): Wdcp_Twltp_AdminPages->__construct() #5 /home/domain/public_html/wp-content/plugins/comments-plus/lib/plugins/wdcp-tw_force_profile_url.php(35): Wdcp_Twltp_AdminPages::serve() #6 /home/domain/public_h in /home/domain/public_html/wp-content/plugins/comments-plus/lib/external/facebook/base_facebook.php on line 19

Please help.