Fatal Error with Tag Feed

Hello... tried to active the Tag Feed plugin today with the latest version of WP 3.3.2

I got the following error.

Warning: require_once(../wp-load.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /xxxx/wp-content/plugins/tag-feed/tag-feed.php on line 30

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../wp-load.php' (include_path='.:disappointed:usr/local/php5_3/lib/php') in /xxxx/wp-content/plugins/tag-feed/tag-feed.php on line 30

I would fix it myself if I knew how.. :slight_smile:

• richguynetwork
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I uploaded the file to the location given. still not working..

Warning: require_once(../wp-load.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /xxxx/wp-content/plugins/tag-feed/tag-feed.php on line 30

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../wp-load.php' (include_path='.:disappointed:usr/local/php5_3/lib/php') in /xxxx/buildleadcapture/wp-content/plugins/tag-feed/tag-feed.php on line 30

I have even tried having the file in both locations.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

The error there is:

No such file or directory in /xxxx/wp-content/plugins/tag-feed/tag-feed.php on line 30

The path still shows as /plguins/tag-feed/

Remove the plugin from there.

The plugin is trying to include ../wp-load.php

the ../ is the directory below where tag-feed.php should be. So if it can't find wp-load.php in the parent folder then it must be in the wrong place.

If you upload the one file to /wp-content/ and remove all the others then test again, what error do you get then?

• richguynetwork
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@sue I installed as suggested. it looks like the data is being indexed by the post indexer.

but am now getting the following response at the top of the screen when trying to go directly to the link.

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

this looks different than the graphic shown in the tutorial.

• Sue
    • Recruit

Hi richguynetwork

Looks like it is now working properly for you.

I've checked your tag feed URL in several web browsers (FireFox, Chrome and Internet Explorer), and Google Reader, and I can see your tag feed working as I would expect (i.e. I'm seeing your superman post)

I'm not seeing any error message about "This XML file does not appear...." I think the reason why you saw this message is it can take time when you first set up Tag feed for the first post to be feed through. The delay is generally on the first post only and any subsequent post feeds through immediately.

Can you let me know if you are still seeing the "This XML file does not appear...." and which web browser (and version number)?

Also apologies for earlier! I assumed that Tim had gone off line and managed to post my reply at the same time you and Tim were posting yours :slight_frown:

Thanks!

Sue Waters
    WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.