Fatal error with update of WP Smush Pro

I tried to update the plugin per the message received and I got this fatal error. I am not a seasoned developer and have no idea how to fix this, can you help? thank you!
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare wp_smush_rating_message() (previously declared in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas08_data01/01/2762801/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-smushit/wp-smush.php:73) in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas08_data01/01/2762801/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-smush-pro/wp-smush.php on line 88

• Milan

Hi @Lydia Gregory,

I hope you are having an superb day. ( Except this issue :slight_smile: )

You got this fatal error because you have two same plugins of wpmudev on your site. :slight_smile:

Wp-smushit( Wp smush ) is our free plugin without more advanced functionalities. Our wp-smush-pro( Wp smush Pro ) plugin is covers all the functionalities of our free plugin Wp-smushit.

But you see both plugins provides some of the core functionalities same way. So when you try to activate one plugin while other one is active you will receive declaration error. ( the one you mentioned above. :slight_smile: )

Just deactivate free Wp-smushit plugin then activate wp-smush-pro plugin. This will solve your error dear @Lydia Gregory. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with..

Enjoy Wpmudev..

Warmest Regards,
    Milan Savaliya
    Support Staff( WPMUDEV )

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.