"Fatal error"/php on line 682/can't access the admin panel

Hi! I recently started a trial of the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin and started tinkering with Upfront Builder. Unfortunately, I didn't realize the theme I was working with on Upfront Builder would replace the one I currently had installed for the website. When I went to switch the theme back I received this message when the page refreshed:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare _check_isactive_widgets() (previously declared in /home/ctnews/commonwealthtimes.org/wp-content/themes/colormag/functions.php:127) in /home/ctnews/commonwealthtimes.org/wp-content/themes/colormag/inc/functions.php on line 682

I can't access the website from the admin panel, or otherwise, now without receiving the message above. Any help would be great! (I run a news website, so time is of the essence. Thanks so much!!!)

• Nithin

Hi Sarah,

Sorry to know that you are having issues, it seems like the error doesn't related to Upfront Builder. You have declared the following function _check_isactive_widgets() twice, most probably in your functions.php file of your Colormag theme, or some other place.

You'll have to make use of a FTP client, in order to check your functions.php file. If you aren't sure about where you have made the edits, you can revert back to the old copy of your functions.php file.

If you still have issues, and if you want to get your site up, renaming the theme folder, located in your /wp-content/themes/ will give you access to your dashboard, ie changing colormag to test-colormag, will switch your theme to default WordPress theme. You'll still have to go through your theme files, to figure out where the error is, and rename the folder back from test-colormag to colormag in order to activate your theme.

If you aren't sure about how to make these changes, or if you still have issues. You can send us your credentials, so that we could give a closer look.

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: http://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic.

- To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.