Fatal issues with Coursepress

Hello,
I am trying to set up Coursepress to test on this staging site, but I keep running into errors.

When I tried to upload the zip file via the Plugins tab, I got an error message that it couldn't complete the install because of header errors.

And if I try to simply activate it from the list of plugins, it shuts down my entire site and get the attached screenshot message.

I don't have any other plugins activated, and I'm still hitting these problems.

I've also updated the permissions on my wp/content folder via http://FTP... still nada.

Thank you for your help.

Sarah

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Sarah,

I hope you are well today.

This error is usually due to either folder permissions or the permissions on the /tmp folder. You mentioned that you adjusted the permissions on wp-content. It could also be ownership that is causing the problem.

In order to help you better with your issue, would you please grant me access to your site and server?

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Sarah,

I've been trying to look into this issue for you, but unfortunately, the FTP details you provided are not working. I'm hesitant to try to install the plugin without FTP access since you are getting a fatal error.

Can you please double check the FTP settings and send them to me via email?

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.