Fatal Memory Error from Hummingbird

Hello,
When I try to select Hummingbird in the Dashboard I receive the following message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 85 bytes) in /home/fresnoai/public_html/wp-includes/meta.php on line 838

My site has also crashed. I am unable to deactivate the plugin and I'm unsure of how to fix the issue.

Patrick

Hi there Randy George

I hope you're well today, despite this setback.

Allowed memory exhausted is due to WP processes that need more memory than your configuration allows.

To fix this, and get back in your site, you'll need to access it via cPanel or FTP. If you don't have cPanel or FTP access, or are not sure how to set it up, ask your hosting provider for help.

Then follow the instructions in this article to at least increase the memory allocated to WordPress: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/increase-memory-limit/

You can also deactivate Hummingbird, or any plugin for that matter, simply by renaming it through your FTP client, or in the File Manager via cPanel. Once renamed, it is automatically deactivated on your site and you should be able to get back in. Don't forget to rename it back to what it was before reactivating though.