FB Button is not working

Hello

I installed "Pay with a like" and after activating i can use this plugin, but there is no Facebook-Button.
All boxes are checked.
I use no other Plugin for FB & Co...
Thanks for your help

Udo

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Udo,

Thank you for bringing this significant issue to our attention.

From the surface this sounds like a jQuery conflict with the theme or some other plugin.

Therefore the first thing to do is to perform standard troubleshooting protocol.

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol - first to switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem - if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting.

You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

• teebeutel
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Joe,

thanks for your fast reply.
    I used the Twenty Eleven Theme and deactivatet all plugins except "pay with a like" - but no success.
    Still the Linkedin, Twitter and G+ Buttons, but no FB.. sorry.
    What can i do with jQuery ?

Regards

Udo

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi Udo,

Can you please deactivate PWAL and install another plugin using Facebook, for example Floating Social? Please check if FB works for that plugin.

If it works, please deactivate it and activate PWAL again.

Can you also write the url of your page with PWAL activated?

Cheers,
    Hakan

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi Udo,

Thanks for the link.

There is a problem in your WPLANG setting of your wp-config.php.

It is now set as de_DE_Sie. Is this Sie meant to be Swiss German? Anyway, this is not a correct code.

Please check the correct abbreviation for Swiss German if you meant so: de_DE will obviously work, but I am not sure if there is something like de_SW. Try both of them.

Please see here for reference:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_in_Your_Language

Cheers,
    Hakan

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi Udo,

That is very strange because I see it there:

<script type='text/javascript' src='http://connect.facebook.net/de_DE_Sie/all.js?ver=3.4.1'></script>

Please see attached screenshot.

There must be a plugin or your theme which is modifying your locale setting and inserting that "Sie".

But you say you have tried deactivating all plugins and switched to the default theme. That is quite interesting.

Then, please provide your FTP and wp-admin credentials to proceed further. You can safely use our contact form:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Cheers,
    Hakan

• teebeutel
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks Hakan,
    i´ll send you FTP.
    "Sie" is not Swiss/Switzerland.. in Germany we have "Du" and "Sie" as salutation.
    English speaking people only have "you".
    I use to say "Du" to Family&Friends and "Sie" to Strangers :wink:
    Regards
    Udo

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi Udo,

Yes, I know the meaning of Sie. I worked 8 years for Siemens :slight_smile:

What I have asked was "is it meant to be Swiss", i.e. some kind of typo. But I got the answer: Obviously you don't know why Sie is there.

Although this doesn't look like a PWAL problem, I will deal with it when the credentials reach to me.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi Udo,

I am confused when looking at your files. This looks like a multisite, but you have only one website. The credentials you gave me is for an admin, not super admin.

So is this website intended to be a multisite? Did you change it later on? Is it possible that you have deleted the main site later on?

Are you sure that this German WordPress translation is compatible with multisite? Is it an official release?

Is it possible that this a customized version of German solo website and you changed it to multisite later on?

Regarding myself as a website doctor, can you please tell me a brief history of the patient :slight_smile:

These may look like too many questions, but Pwal works if I disable multisite from config.php and de_DE_Sie is replaced by the correct de_DE (PWal does not change that setting, but it simply uses it). Please see attached screenshot.

So it looks like that you have a problem with your Multisite installation and/or local files.

Please note that this is not about PWAL only, but it would eventually affect any plugin using locale settings. PWAL became a tool for diagnosing the issue of your website.

BTW, it was not an easy work to diagnose this very particular issue :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Hakan

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi udo,

I think I figured out the issue: You have both Sie and du versions of the translation files, but there is no setting on the admin side to select the du version. It looks like in WPMU, WordPress automatically selects the Sie version if they are both uploaded.

I included some codes inside your functions.php of your theme which make correct Facebook scripts to be loaded. It obeys your settings and only loaded when it is required. For future reference I add it here too:

function pwal_for_bloggeria() {
    	global $pwal;
    	if ( !is_object( $pwal ) )
    		return;

if ( $pwal->options['use_facebook'] && $pwal->options['load_facebook'] ) {
    		wp_deregister_script( 'facebook-all' );
    		wp_enqueue_script( 'facebook-all', 'http://connect.facebook.net/de_DE/all.js' );
    	}
    }
    add_action( 'pwal_additional_button_scripts', 'pwal_for_bloggeria' );

Please note that this fixes Facebook loading for PWAL only. You may meet the same issue with other plugins using locale settings. Then you can consider removing the Sie version.

Cheers,
    Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.