FB's change in API for remote access

I’ve been doing some research on the comments that several have made here regarding FB’s change in their API. I’m part of a FB Developer’s group and everyone in that group has not heard of this yet, so I’m doing some of the research on it to help them and us.

I’ve gone to FB’s development roadmap and the only reference I can find is this one that is set to start on May 2, 2012 and take full effect July 5, 2012:

“offline_access Permission Removal

The offline_access permission is deprecated and will be removed July 5, 2012. Until then, you can turn this change on or off using the “Remove offline_access permission” migration. On May 2, 2012, we will automatically turn the migration to “enabled” for all apps. If this breaks your app, you can turn the migration back to “disabled” until July 5, 2012 when it will be permanently “enabled” for all apps. Please see the Removal of offline_access Permission doc for more details.”

Is this where everyone is getting the information that remote apps will no longer be able to post to Facebook? If so, let me know. If now, please let me know where (in FB’s documentation) that you are getting that information. That will help us in the developer group research it and potentially develop a method around the issue. They can’t work on what they’ve not seen as an issue.

BTW, in the last two weeks, FB DID have an issue with remote posting, but as of a couple or three days ago, they have marked the issue as resolved. Don’t know if that was contributing to our issues with Ultimate Facebook or not.