Feature Requests

It would be great to have a way to add exclusions from this plugin.

For instance..... I want to use the Recent Posts plugin to collect in-network posts & use Autoblog to collect out of network feeds. Then I would put them on different pages so as to separate the content.

I could then exclude all in-network posts from Autoblogger and find my joy....theoretically.

A more complicated feature request would be to have a way to put different feeds on different pages directly from within the autoblog plugin.

Having Autoblog add avatars & import the correct username from network blogs would be a nice thing to have too.

Thanks,

Corey

• DavidM

Hi Corey,

I'm not quite sure I understand what you meant regarding excluding in-network posts from Autoblog. Do you mean you'd like to exclude posts that are from your network?

So for instance, if you have an external feed that contains posts from your network, you'd exclude posts within that feed that are from your network?

I've actually used custom post types created via CustomPress to help organize feeds myself. Basically, I create a custom post type with CustomPress and send particular Autoblog feeds to that custom post type.

From there, I can display those custom post types in various ways, using any of the existing custom post type plugins.

You could, for instance, create an archive page for that custom post type where you list all the posts of that type. Would that maybe work for your idea of sending feeds to a particular page?

The avatars suggestions sounds great, it's just a bit tough since Autoblog would have to first detect whether the feed is from within the network, then act accordingly. I'll tag the developer here to have a look once he gets a free moment.

Thanks,
    David

• NetPotion

I'm not quite sure I understand what you meant regarding excluding in-network posts from Autoblog. Do you mean you'd like to exclude posts that are from your network?

So for instance, if you have an external feed that contains posts from your network, you'd exclude posts within that feed that are from your network?

This above statement is absolutely correct

.....You could, for instance, create an archive page for that custom post type where you list all the posts of that type. Would that maybe work for your idea of sending feeds to a particular page?

I haven't tried this, I may give it a shot though.

I'm trying out an iframe concept at the moment - which might allow the same thing. Not sure if using an iframe is a good solution though. The custom post types might be worth a look.

Thanks David!

Corey

• DavidM

Hi Corey,

Just to add, the following plugin might help in working with CustomPress as it seems to automate the process of providing a custom post type archive, which otherwise requires creating an archive template from your theme's template files.
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/custom-post-type-archives/

Thanks for your clarification regarding that feature as well. I think that can be done with an add-on for Autoblog, something the developer to clarify when he has a moment.

That said though, any +1s on these specific features for Autoblog?

-David

• NetPotion

@John - I just did before I read this. It would appear I've been way over-complicating things. Thank you!

@DavidM That plugin looks really cool. I'm going to play around with it. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmmmm.... I don't see any way to mark this as post resolved now (?)

Anyway, thanks for all your help guys. Mucho appreciated.

~ Corey

• NetPotion

I just had a look at the network feed page (via recentglobalposts shortcode) and it's pulling in all the external feeds with it. This poses a problem.

The only way I can get around this using categories is to tell them to add it to a certain category - otherwise their posts won't get pulled into the page I add for network only posts.

I can use a tag to pull them all together, but then I have to manually add each new site to auto-blog.

Now if I could simply exclude all feeds coming from my domain in auto-blog, I could use recent posts for the network only feed and configure auto-blog for external feeds.

Alternatively, if I could exclude autoblog posts from the recent posts plugin, I could do the same thing.

Or a person can create a subdomain for external feeds and pull them in with iframes. I actually have that working, but I'm not sure of the SEO implications, load implications etc.

It would be so much easier to just have a domain exclusion. Then a network activity feed could remain uncluttered.

.....unless I'm missing something here.

I haven't tried those other plugin's you mentioned yet - but again..... the exclusion would be far easier.

Thanks,

~ Corey

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.