Feature Request: ADD A PRO SITES MODULE TO CREATE "DOMAIN PACKAGES"

Dear WPMU DEV Team,

The plugins, themes and general services and support you offer are simply amazing!

I'm very satisfied with selecting your products to develop my websites network.

However, I do need a new feature available in the PRO SITES plugin for my current project.

I'm sure this feature will also be highly appreciated by others using this great plugin:

I need the plugin to give me the option of selecting which domains will be available to be used by selected Pro Site levels, from the domains publicly available for sites creation when using Multi-Domains, in a similar way how I can currently create plugin packages, by using the Premium Plugins Manager module.

The goal is to be able to limit which domains can be used to create sites, depending on the Pro Sites level selected.

This way we could create "niche-specific" Pro Sites levels, where just the domains regarding that specific market niche would be available.

For instance, I have some domains about tourism, some domains about real estate, some about Insurance, some about Loans, some about Sales, etcetera; and I want to have all of them available to create new sites on the network, by using the Multi-Domains plugin... BUT I would like to be able to create a paid level on the Pro Sites plugin for Tourism, which uses just the tourism related domains; another paid level for Real Estate which uses just the real estate related domains; and so on...

I understand this is not possible with the current Pro Sites plugin, and that is why I request this new feature to be added as a Module to this already awesome plugin.

I was told by one of your Staff members, that I could hire a coder to help me make a custom modification of the plugin, in order to achieve this... but I'm worried this would cause me bad problems in the future with the updates.

I'd appreciate any insights or suggestions about this.

Thanks for such great services and support.

Keep up the good work.

Andrés Molina
CiberComercio

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Andrés,

Thank you for posting this feature request - but until feature will be considered for development it has to get support from forum members.
    So - more likes from members then greater chances that feature will appear on the plugins road map.

If you need this feature now, you should consider hiring developer - they can develop separate plugin that will integrate with Pro Sites and this way there will be no problem with future updates.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Andres Molina

Hi Kasia,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I didn't know it was possible to build a separate plugin to integrate with Pro Sites... That's definitely the way to go.

I've never hired anyone to develop a custom plugin like this, and I truly do not know the amount of work involved in creating a plugin like the one you suggest...

So... Would you be so kind and tell me, if it's not a problem, what would be a "reasonable" budget for a job like this?

I understand Staff members can't provide this kind of service, but I would like to have an idea of how much money to offer for the doing of the job.

Thank you for your kind help.

Best regards,

Andrés

• Rupok

Hi Andrés, hope you had a wonderful day.

To be honest, it's pretty tough to provide any estimate for this. If you are lucky, you can get a developer for a insanely low amount, but it totally will depend on the amount of work he has to do. So I'll suggest you to put your affordable budget and then check how much they demand. From their bids, you can get idea about costing.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.