PopUp Pro Feature Request - Add Analytics parameter to form redirect URL

Hi,

I'm using PopUp Pro with the Newsletter plugin form. My popup's 'Form submit' setting is set to 'Redirect to form target URL'. And everything works fine.

Because I'd like to track popup signups using Google Analytics goals, I was wondering whether PopUp Pro can add parameters to a form's redirect URL like:

&utm_medium=popup1

Or:

?utm_medium=popup2

It would be nice to have a text field below a popup's 'Form submit' setting, where one can type stuff (e.g. parameters) that will be pasted to the end of a form's redirect URL.

Thank you,

Ralph

• Ralph

Hi Ash,

Thanks for your reply.

I did find the actual redirect code within the Newsletter plugin, but it would require 1 redirect URL modification per active popup, each with its own unique parameter. Since the Newsletter plugin is updated pretty often, it would require me to reimplement the mod quite often X several websites.

Thank you for marking this as a feature request! Is there a way to find out if and when feature requests are added to PopUp Pro?

Kind regards,

Ralph

• Ash

Hello @Ralph

I hope you are well today.

Thank you for marking this as a feature request! Is there a way to find out if and when feature requests are added to PopUp Pro?

I can't confirm about the this, I am afraid. When we mark a thread as feature request, then other members can vote (+1) in that thread. When we get a significant number of votes, then dev team decides that feature for integration. So, let's see what other members think about it.

If you need it urgently, you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/ Please note that, no WPMU official staffs are allowed to work in the job board.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ralph

Hi Ash,

Ok, good to know!

I wrote some code which attaches the desired parameters to the end of the redirect URL (just like you mentioned in your previous post). I found a way to do this, without having to write a URL mod for each popup I'd like to track. Works like a charm. Now I'm hoping that the Newsletter plugin author will incorporate my mod into the release version of the plugin, as this would make the mod update-proof.

Anyway, adding Google Analytic goals support to the PopUp plugin, would still be a nice feature. Let's see whether the WPMU community agrees :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your time and support!

Kind regards,

Ralph

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.