Feature Request for Directory Plugin

I'm currently working with the DIRECTORY BETA 2.2RC7
The directory Plugin Installs with just the Description and listing name fields and is what is shown to the public via the theme.
Standard Listings should have these fields that the directory should have
For a standard Listing Directory.
Listing Title
URL Hyper-linkable to the URL Listed
Category the listing is in
Description of Listing
Here is a Photoshopped version of a standard Directory detail page (Clicking the Listing title the way it setup now)(single page)

I feel that the standard install should have at a minimum the above with the theme showing that is an easy to add to (custom Fields) format.
Now speaking about format of the theme. I'm like most people not very good at theme code and modifying the theme so adding custom fields that the directory owner will have to add to the theme is most likely going to be a custom job that will cost us money and any changes we make will have to to be another custom job.
Could it be worked into the theme that on adding Custom Fields that would be automatically shown on the theme that comes with Directory. if the custom field exists or is active (on and off Switch for Field) it will be shown on the Directory. Also a ordering of the field would also be Good, and a switch to show or not show the field on the front end.
For a Business type of directory the following fields should be included or option to install them at setup in addition to the Above..
Address
City
State
Country
Business type
Business email Contact
Phone Number

Now for feature requests added to the directory plugin would be.
Claim Listing
Report Listing
Contact Listing Owner
Thumbnail screenshot importer or taker at the time of listing input.
Validate if listing url is active or a parked domain

Widgets
Search Listing by name, URL, Country code or Zip Code
Featured Listings - option to pick how many should be shown
List Categories
Country, state search - drop down would list country then next drop down field would list state or area of country then the next would list towns or cities then the text box you would import your search.
What does everyone think?

• Mason

Hiya DirectoryDude,

That's quite a list of requests there! I've marked this thread accordingly. I think the difficulty to take into account here is that for a plugin to insert anything into a theme page it has to make certain assumptions about what the theme is providing.

The more content being inserted, the more likely it is for something to go horribly wrong with the display. There's SO many WordPress themes out there that don't confirm any sort of standards and this makes things incredibly difficult for plugins like Directory.

Filtering and searching (like you refer to in the widget section) is even more of a challenge. To build a system that is able to handle all of that and still be generic enough for every customer's need is really complex.

Not saying it can't be done, it's just not something we'll most likely be including within the scope of the 2.x series of this plugin.

Still, all thoughts/comments welcome. Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.