Feature request for Google+ Plugin - allow choosing of specific pages to NOT display the button on

It would be great if we could choose individual pages to NOT display the button on, similar to what you now offer in the Floating Social plugin.

My particular issue is that I have a home page that is built pulling in the content from several other pages. The Google+ button unfortunately appears on the front page in multiple locations (and this is WITH the setting chosen to not appear on the front page in the settings).

Because of this I've had to disable the plugin.

Thanks for the consideration,
Dan

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Dan,

The developer's actually thought about all that and included that ability in the plugin!

Basically, you just go down to the "Google +1 box position" option and select "Manually position the box using shortcode or widget".

You can then include the button in your posts/pages manually using the [wdgpo_plusone] shortcode. It won't show up otherwise.

How would that work for ya?

-David

• danyork-isoc
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

David,

Hmm... that actually is NOT useful for me because it would be yet one more thing I have to do at the end of a post. For probably 99% of my posts, I just want the Google+ icon to automagically appear and work. But for a few specific pages, I would like to turn it OFF for those pages.

I quite honestly wouldn't have thought of this feature except that your Floating Social plugin *has* this capability and it's quite nice.

Dan

• danyork-isoc
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Tim,

I don't have a particular preference on how the button is disabled. A metabox that appeared on the post page where you could enable/disable the Google+ button would be great. Probably easier than adding a custom field to a post. My need is to disable it for a few very specific pages - and just have it automagically work for all the other pages.

Dan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.