Feature request for Hosting

I run a small website design business and WPMUDEV hosting would work perfectly for a lot of them.

So, I plan to move them over. It would be great if they can also get access to the hosting account and shared by me.

• Fabio Fava
    • WordPress DevOps

Hey Lashan

That’s something I’m always asking my hosting providers: a way to allow my clients to get in and pay their hosting with their own payment methods. But stills a kind of dream, both here at WPMU DEV and at Cloudways (where I host most of my paying customers, at least during WPMU DEV Hosting Beta stage.

Cheers!

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Lashan

I hope you’re well today!

We’re working on introducing an “agency access model” to The Hub in future and by that I mean giving you a way to create “sub-accounts” for access where you could give your employees/coworkers/customers their own access to your account – limited only to “their sites”. But I’m not sure if that’s exactly what you’re suggesting.

What you’re saying, wouldn’t that be more like a “reseller” kind of hosting/hosting access? I am asking just to better understand the idea so I could pass it clearly to our hosting management :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Adam

• Lashan
      • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hey Adam Czajczyk ,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I think the “agency access model” can work for what I need. Something along the lines of what Julian and Fabio Fava have mentioned where I can say for example I can create a user that has access to the hosting and specify what they get. For example, I want to create a user that has access to the hosting panel only for site A and can access Overview, Backups and Analytics tabs only with no access to other tabs like Domains or Staging where somebody can break something. For me personally payments would be nice to have, but I can see how they would be really beneficial others.

So it is sort of like a reseller, but my business model is to provide hosting as part of different packages to my current clients, rather than asking them to go sign up somewhere else for hosting.

Hope that helps. Feel free to let me know if any other questions.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.