Feature request for recent global posts feed

Plugin working exactly as describe.

I suggest there should be a setting page for admin to toggle availability of recent global posts feed widget to other sites as well. sometime an user may wish as I do, to put widget not on primary blog but to some other blog and at the same time I do not want to make it available to each and every blog.

when we are talking of a network, some of the public blog may not wish to share their feed through a sitewide feed, so it would be useful to add an option for every blog admin to enable or disable post in feed for thier own blog.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Nice suggestion. While you can make it available on all sites, there isn't an ability to select an individual sub-site for the widget. I'll ping the developer on that one. Anyone else looking for this feature?

Blogs marked as 'private' or 'mature' will not have their posts published in the feeds, so you can easily set individual sites to be excluded.

Thanks!

• mediwaves
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

thanks.

for example, I want to show widget not on my primary blog (blog ID 1) but like to show on my another blog (blog ID 2) and at the same time do not wish to make it available to others.

Blogs marked as 'private' or 'mature' will not have their posts published in the feeds, so you can easily set individual sites to be excluded.

marking a blog as private or mature lies in hands of superadmin.
    what Suggest is that a blog created by another user, which is public and at the same time do not wish to share his content through a sitewide feed.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

I would also like to be able to control posts that are sent to the Recent Global Posts Feed. We want to be able to select which posts from child sites are displayed in parent site global posts.

That's quite a bit more advanced than the plugin we're providing here. You'd need a different solution to provide post-by-post control. Do a search for wp curator and you may find something more helpful.

marking a blog as private or mature lies in hands of superadmin.
    what Suggest is that a blog created by another user, which is public and at the same time do not wish to share his content through a sitewide feed.

If they go to Settings>Privacy and mark it so that search engines don't index this site. The feed plugin will honor that setting. That's the only place where the user has control over this, but it also means it won't be indexed for google, etc.

• mediwaves
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

let me explain
    if someone is using domain mapping to some other domain name, will his content be shared through recent global posts feed, which is located at the main site ?
    In this situation, I would like to make my mapped domain public, yet would not like to have content of my blog to appear in site wide feed.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

No worries, sometimes the forum has a hiccup. I removed the extra posts :slight_smile:

If you mark the domain mapped site as 'mature' it will still be viewable and normal on the front end, but it will be ignored by the global posts feed. That's what this designation is for - it won't have any other impact on the site.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.