Feature Request for Status Plugin

I love this plugin. It is awesome! However, every once in awhile, I get these huge text excerpts. I display the output using the status plugin widget. It would be great to have an option to limit the text excerpts to a certain number of words or characters. It could be either in the widget settings or the plugin settings.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

One thing to note about word (also character) limiting is that it doesn't mix very well with HTML, as it's almost certain to end up with broken tags that can mess with your text styles outside the widget, or even worse, your page layout. This is why the limiting is usually done on text stripped of HTML tags.

Having said that, the latest plugin release (v1.6.1, just released) comes with such a feature in widget options. Of course, to prevent possible mentioned issues, the word limiting is done on plain text, after stripping all tags. Also, a word count approximation is calculated first, so the word limiting (and thus, tag stripping) won't happen unless it has to, so your shorter posts will have all their markup intact.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.