Feature Request For Your Tickets - Add tick box for Support Access granted

May I suggest that on your ticket form you have a tick box for "Support Access Granted".

I almost always have my support access granted, but occasionally I forget to mention it. Then we waste time with the tech writing back to ask me to grant permission. Then I have to wait again for the issue to be dealt with.

If you had a tick box, it would be a reminder when we need to turn that feature on, if we haven't done so already. It would be a time saver for your techs and your clients.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Mary,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your sharing the idea.

I think however that it's not necessary :slight_smile: We do see instantly that the support access is granted if the site is assigned to the ticket.

The simple solution therefore is to select a site from a list when creating the ticket. If you do this and the support access to this site is granted, we will see this instantly near your post. That essentially acts the same way as such a tick box would work.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Mary

1. When I submit a ticket, unless it is about a plugin, there is no drop down for me to select the website.

2. If the tech knows that my support access is granted, why do I get responses with a request to turn on support access, and a link to the manual to show me how to do it, when it has already been turned on?

3. This still does nothing to remind the website owner (me) to turn on support access.

But if you don't feel there is a need for it, that's fine. It was just a suggestion.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Mary and thank you for your replay!

1. When I submit a ticket, unless it is about a plugin, there is no drop down for me to select the website.

That's true, that site selection box is available only if a "Plugins & Themes" option is chosen. If a "General WordPress" option is selected, there shouldn't in theory be any need to make use of support access. You may always select "Plugins & Themes" option though even if your question is more general.

The other options are not intended to be used for support tickets, so issues brought up there shouldn't require support access to be granted.

2. If the tech knows that my support access is granted, why do I get responses with a request to turn on support access, and a link to the manual to show me how to do it, when it has already been turned on?

We do know that instantly if the site is assigned to the ticket. If it's not, we don't. Therefore, if you select "Plugins & Themes" and assign a site and there'll be an access granted to it - we will now that. If you select a different site than the one that has access granted, we will not know it. If it's relatively quiet day and there's not much threads waiting to be responded by us, we may check in a different way if the support access is granted and we actually often do this. Sometimes though it gets very busy and it may happen that we didn't notice that access is granted (if site is not assigned to the ticket).

When starting a ticket that relates to a specific site of yours, that site should be assigned to it.

3. This still does nothing to remind the website owner (me) to turn on support access.

Well... that actually is a very good point. There's indeed nothing on the form that would remind Members to turn the support access on and I fully agree that if there was some "incentive given" to do this, it could significantly speed up the response and our action in many cases. So: you just convinced me that it would indeed make a useful feature :slight_smile:

I have moved this topic to the "Features & Feedback" forum so more Members could vote for it. I will hover pass it to my bosses on a nearest occasion and I'll advocate for it. It's not my decision though so let's hope that other community members will also back up that idea:slight_smile:

Have a nice day!
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.