Feature Request - Global Regions in Upfront

Hello.

Currently upfront supports Global Header and Global Footer, which is a great feature. However, I think that a general Global Region should be added. Sometimes, you want to add a call to action accross several pages that is not specificly a header or a footer.

You would have to enter it manually to each page, and if your call to action's link changes... ufff, that would be a lot of work.

If you just have a general Global Region though, it could be time saving.

Thank you!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Carlos,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Actually, Upfront supports this feature partially. When you're saving changes it asks you if you want to save them only for the particular post/page or all post/pages of the same times. I believe this could be used to achieve what you wish, at least partially.

Having said that, I think this is a great idea for a new feature, so I'm moving this thread to our "Features and Feedback" forum and hopefully more members of the community will support it, thus encouraging developers team to implement it in one of the future releases.

Have a great day!
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Carlos,

I hope you're well today!

I'm sorry I didn't make it clear. From the technical point of view, there's no big difference between posts and pages for WordPress other than the taxonomy/naming convention. Actually, the page is in a way a custom post type (though I shouldn't refer to it this way according to WordPress Codex). That's why there's no "all pages of the same type" option while you're saving the page layout and that's why I used the term "partially" in reference to this feature.

Having said that, I've moved the thread to our "Features & Feedback" forum (as I mentioned before) and hopefully other members of our community will support the idea so that our developers will be able to implement it in one of future releases.

If you have any further questions, please ask. I'll be glad to help!

Regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.