Feature Request – Images (hosted or uploaded) and Videos in BP Forum

I am replacing my current forum software with buddypress, especially since buddypress is now a true plugin with wordpress as of 1.5. The problem is that there doesn’t seem to be a good plugin for adding images (hosted or uploaded) or videos to the bp group forum posts. Buddy Activity Plus work perfectly for what I need, however it is designed just for the activity stream. Can this plugin be altered to work with bp forums, or could a similar plugin be built ? What are my options ? A gallery/album plugin only solves part of the issue, as I can replace some ‘pic threads’ with those. However, the members often post a single pic or video to aid the conversation.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings tsktom,

Even though you have clearly submitted the contents of this ticket to an identical ticket marked as a feature request as evidenced by:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/feature-request-using-bp-activity-plus-in-the-bp-forum

Before marking this ticket as resolved due to the pending feature request, I will address your questions that I can.

Can this plugin be altered to work with bp forums, or could a similar plugin be built ?

I have already submitted this as a feature request as you had requested in the earlier post as indicated above. It might also take a bit longer than useful in the meantime if you could post the results / problems you’ve come across doing it yourself here that would definitely help too.

Alternatively, you could see if there’s a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute.

Thanks again and it is great to have you as a WPMU Dev Member.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.