Feature request - Infinite SEO - disable 301 redirect option

I love having this option for an SEO plugin, but have run into a concern that means either hacking the plugin (and keeping it updated) or not using it at all.

We're running this on a multisite install. By allowing site admins access to the title & meta on pages/posts, included is also the ability to set a 301 redirect. Since we're offering our sites to the public, this capability opens us up to the possibility of our site(s) being blacklisted for malicious redirects.

I'd love to be able to disable the option to add a 301 redirect URL as super-admin.

Thanks for your consideration!
Mary

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @trekvisual,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your feature request.

I will move this over to the features & feedback section. This way it can be considered for future development, and we can also see what other community members think about the feature request.

In the meanwhile, to disable the option to add a 301 redirect URL you can comment the following statement on line number 122 in the plugin file

wpmu-dev-seo/wds-files/wds-core/admin/wds-core-metabox.php

echo $this->show_redirect_row();

Cheers.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @trekvisual,

You are most welcome.

This feature may be added in future version of plugin but We don't publish ETAs to prevent disappointment if a deadline is missed(which in plugin development quite a frequent occurrence!).

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member and have a great day!

Cheers.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

I can see how this could be a very useful, and the latest plugin release (v1.6.7, just released) comes with such an option. It is located in the same place as the other permission level privileges dropdowns, and you can also additionally tweak it with the "WDS_SEO_METABOX_301_ROLE" define, if you're more inclined to do it programatically.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.